European Council Adopts Waste, Hazardous Substance Directives
- Mich. activists fight 2 types of imports. Truini, Joe // Waste News;01/29/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 35, p4
Reports that Michigan environmental activists are opposing the dumping of Toronto, Ontario waste into the state. Arguments of environmental activists regarding the importation of Toronto waste into the state; Current daily volume of waste dumped into Michigan from other states;...
- Sustaining California. Gerlat, Allan // Waste News;11/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p5
Focuses on the California Integrated Waste Management Board's environmental goals under its waste management program for California in the year 2002. Achievement of waste management goals by the state in the past; Identification of zero waste as an impossible goal to achieve; Types of wastes...
- Divided we plod. Gerlat, Allan // Waste News;11/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on the conflict between various factions concerned with environmental protection. Factions that are in conflict with each other; Conference that bought together regulators and commercial waste generators; Significance of cooperation between various factions in protecting the environment.
- Super doubt. // Waste News;1/6/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 20, p1
Questions the prospects of waste management and the environment in the year 2003.
- CLEANUP AT OTTER CREEK. Asch, Frank // Ranger Rick;Apr2000, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p16
Focuses on the Otter Creek river cleanup in Vermont. Involvement of volunteers in hauling trash found in the river; Segregation of recyclable materials from trash; Importance of the river as the habitat of several wildlife animals. INSET: Want to Help?.
- Plan looks to clean up the community one step at a time. DOLSKI, MEGAN // Eastern Door;1/25/2013, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p18
The article reports on the Waste Management Plan of the Kahnawake Environment Protection Office (KEPO) which outlines the goals of the organization about recycling, initiative and environmental protection in Quebec.
- A Busy Spring. Ursery, Stephen // Waste Age;Jun2007, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including views regarding the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling upholding flow control laws passed by the Oneida and Herkimer counties in New York, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's study on electronic waste and the WasteExpo 2007.
- Untitled. // Polish Journal of Environmental Studies;2010, Vol. 19 Issue 1, preceding p7
The article discusses various topics published within the issue, including the analytical methods for metabolic and other chemical degradation patterns in the environment, effective implementation of waste management and the importance of applied environmental pollution research.
- Europe's rubbish regulations aim at wrong target. Bond, Michael // New Scientist;06/21/97, Vol. 154 Issue 2087, p6
Reports on the implications of the findings of a study on the disposal of household waste conducted for the European Commission. Assessment of full financial and environmental costs of recycling, incineration, landfill, and composting across the European Union; Contradiction between a 1991...