American Beacon Launches HY Fund
- O'Neal on American Beacon Board. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;4/15/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 71, p16
This article announces that E. Stanley O'Neal has been appointed to the board of directors at the asset management company American Beacon Advisors Inc. of Fort Worth, Texas, a subsidiary of Lighthouse Holdings Inc.
- Grosvenor Capital makes liquid alternatives debut, partners with American Beacon. Hallissey, Siobhan // Invest Hedge;11/23/2015, p6
The article reports the move by hedge fund investment firm Grosvenor Capital Management as of November 2015 to partner with mutual fund provider American Beacon to launch the American Beacon Grosvenor Long/Short Fund in the U.S.
- American Beacon Launches HY Fund. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;2/21/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p32
The article reports that in February 2011, the American Beacon Advisors set up a new high yield fund to be managed by the Strategic Income Management (SiM), 80% of which will be put into speculative fixed income securities, and about 35% into foreign securities.
- MARKET Buzz. // Leveraged Finance News;2/21/2011, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p2
The article offers news briefs related to finance. A bank consortium of several banks including Deutsche Bank AG, Barclays PLC, and Citigroup Inc., was formed with 1.35 billion dollars covenant lite-term loan for Hertz Corp. An upsized 1 billion dollars junk bond offering was completed by Clear...
- Kindred Spirits. Clark, Bob // Investment Advisor;Jun2012, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p99
The article offers the author's insights on how American Beacon Advisors Inc. manages portfolio with registered investment advisors (RIAs). The author says that the American Beacon Funds is considered to be among the investment firms that looked at independent RIAs as one of their major markets....
- American Beacon Sold to Lighthouse. // American Banker;9/17/2008, Vol. 173 Issue 180, p14
The article reports that AMR Corp. sold American Beacon Advisors Inc., its asset management division, to Lighthouse Holdings Inc. Lighthouse Holdings is owned by the private equity companies Pharos Capital Group LLC and TPG Capital LP. The deal paid AMR Corp. $480 million and a small equity...
- Growing Fixed Income Still Possible. Manganaro, John // Plan Advisor News;2013, p56
The article reports on a discussion among a panel of business experts hosted by American Beacon Advisors in New York, which focused on topics such as high-yield bonds and the rising interest rates. Mark DeVaul of the London Co. of Virginia says that bonds are being outperformed by equities while...
- Grail Advisors Starts a Pair of ETFs. Ackermann, Matt // American Banker;1/20/2009, Vol. 174 Issue 12, p11
The article reports on a 2009 decision from the San Francisco based investment manager Grail Advisors LLC to launch two actively managed exchange-traded funds. The two funds, the Grail American Beacon Large Cap Value ETF and the Grail American Beacon International Equity ETF, will be subadvised...
- Insurer Finalizes Bond Search. M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;2/25/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p4
The article reports that the California Earthquake Authority has completed its search for new domestic fixed-income managers. The authority is one of the world's largest providers of residential earthquake insurance. American Beacon Advisors will oversee $1.4 billion and Smith, Graham & Co....