Business as usual at Rivergate despite the floods
- Untitled. // Trains;Jul2003, Vol. 63 Issue 7, p23
Presents updates on U.S. railroads as of July 2003. Opening of a Union Station by NJ Transit in Union, New Jersey; Public hearings held by South Eastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority; Anniversary of a flood that washed away the shipyard city of Vanport, Oregon.
- Late-Holocene catastrophic floods in the terminal Arno River (Pisa, Central Italy) from the story of a Roman riverine harbour. Benvenuti, M.; Mariotti-Lippi, M.; Pallecchi, P.; Sagri, M. // Holocene;Sep2006, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p863
The results of the stratigraphic and sedimentological analysis carried out at an exceptional archaeological site situated in the coastal plain of the Arno and Serchio Rivers (western Tuscany, Italy) are reported. The site, discovered near central Pisa, records a 1000-yr history of a riverine...
- Rain Drain. email@example.com // Crain's Detroit Business;8/25/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 34, p0003
The article discusses the increase in the number of customers of several scrap yards in Michigan following heavy floods that occurred in the state. Topics mentioned include the delivery of 1.6 million pounds of scrap material to GLE Scrap Metail Inc. for recycling, an overview of the rates paid...
- China shipyard gets green light. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/20/97, Vol. 36 Issue 42, p19
Reports on the construction of a shipyard in Waoguoqiao development zone of Shanghai, China.
- A tour of Holland. Somer, Jack A. // Yachting;Nov97, Vol. 182 Issue 5, p129
Focuses on export activities among major shipyards in the Netherlands. Moonen Shipyards; Diaship/Heesen Shipyard; Feadship yards; Oceanco International; Amels Shipyard; Jongert.
- LeTourneau reopens Vicksburg yard to build Gorilla V. Crowden, Michael // Offshore;Nov95, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p20
Looks at the reopening ceremony of the LeTourneau's shipyard in Vicksburg and its $20 million refurbishment. Other information on Le Tourneau.
- U.S. shipyards diversify, seek niches in bid to survive until industry recovers. Plume, Janet // Traffic World;8/2/93, Vol. 235 Issue 5, p23
Reports on United States shipyards' search for niches in non-traditional shipbuilding and non-maritime construction. Decline in naval and commercial ship construction; Newport News' operation of marine instrumentation and communications systems company Sperry Marine Systems; Bethlehem Steel...
- Ketchikan Shipyard transferred. // Alaska Business Monthly;Sep97, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p8
States that Ketchikan Shipyard was allowed to transfer from the state Department of Transportation and Public Facilities by the AIDEA. Who the transfer was designed to protect; Information on the agreement between the Alaska Marine Highway System and Ketchikan Shipyard; Reference to the Alaska...
- Supreme Court challenge. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/7/1994, Vol. 140 Issue 10, p19
Reports on President Bill Clinton's administration's request to the Supreme Court to overturn a 1991 federal appeals court ruling on the closure of the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard. Court intervention on government officials' violation of legal procedures; Argument by US Solicitor General Drew...