Austal launches its largest catamaran for Baltic operations
- Austal launches a 107-metre ferry for Malta. // Ausmarine;Jun2010, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p17
This article announces the launch by Austal of a new 107-metre high-speed, vehicle-passenger catamaran at its Western Australian facilities.
- 'Liberty' and 'Perle Express.'. // Ausmarine;Oct2011, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p26
The article previews the Liberty passenger catamaran ferry and the Perle Express vehicle-passenger catamaran ferry from Austal.
- Austal launches its largest catamaran for Baltic Sea service. // Ausmarine;Mar2011, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p13
The article reports on the completion of the final stages of the construction of the largest catamaran for Baltic Sea service called the Leonora Christina by shipbuilder Austal in January 2011.
- Austal signs new police boat contract for Queensland. // Ausmarine;Jun2008, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p27
The article focuses on the contract signed by Austal to build three 22-meter catamaran police boats for the Queensland Police Service. The designer of the vessels is Sydney, New South Wales-based One2three Naval and they will be built at Austal's Tasmanian shipyard, located in Margate near...
- Austal's joint high speed vessel completes sea trials. // Ausmarine;Jun2012, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p14
The article reports that shipbuilder Austal Ltd.'s catamaran transport ship "USNS Spearhead" had completed sea trials in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Austal's Largest Catamaran Nears Completion. // Australian Maritime Digest;Mar2011, Issue 199, p3
The article announces the near completion of the 113 meter, largest catamaran vessel named Leonora Christina, built and designed by the Austal Ltd. shipyard in Australia, which is set to start sea trials in March 2011.
- Austal secures Caribbean order for fast patrol craft fleet. // Ausmarine;May2008, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p19
The article reports that Austal has secured a contract to build six 30-metre aluminum fast patrol craft for the government of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago. The order includes additional contracts for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and crew training services and enhances Austal's...
- Austal receives its largest individual contract yet. // Ausmarine;May2007, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p42
The article reports on a customer order received by Austal for four Auto-Express ferries. Such order makes it the largest individual contract of the company. Austal executive chairman John Rothwell comments on the importance of the contract. The contract consists of orders of Austal Auto Express...
- 'Farasan' and 'Jazan.'. // Ausmarine;Jul2009, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p28
The article features the Jazan and Farasan 69-meter catamaran passenger ferries delivered by Austal to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Each vessel is capable of carrying 650 passengers, 50 cars and 15 trucks and delivers a service speed of 32 knots. Powered by four MTU 16V 4000 M73L diesel engines,...