Royal Australian Navy disrupts Somali pirate attack
- McInerney Expands Gallant Service to Pakistan. // All Hands;Nov2010, Issue 1124, p26
The article offers information that the USS McInerney (FFG 8) frigate has been transferred to Pakistan.
- France Kicks Off Naval Cruise Missile Program. Nativi, Andy // Aviation Week & Space Technology;11/11/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 20, p48
Reports on a cruise missile program that is to be carried on Franco-Italian frigates which will provide European naval forces with extensive land-attack capability. Versions of frigates to be introduced; Description of the multi-mission frigates; Equipments attached to frigates; Core of the...
- HMAS Toowoomba hands over to HMAS Parramatta in Middle East. // Australian Maritime Digest;Nov2011, Issue 207, p7
The article reports that Australia's ANZAC Class Frigate HMAS Toowoomba has been replaced by HMAS Parramatta after it has completed a successful six-month deployment to carry out counter-terrorism activities and counter-piracy duties in the Middle East as part of Operation SLIPPER.
- KEEL LAYING OF FIRST F-310 FOR NORWAY AT IZAR. Garcia, Antonio Terol // Naval Forces;2003, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p124
Evaluates the Fridtjof Nansen type F-310 frigate for Norway's Royal Navy. Design and construction; Technical information; Weapons systems.
- La Capricieuse . // Horizon Canada (English edition);Jan2001, pN.PAG
Details the celebration of local citizens upon the arrival of the French naval frigate La Capricieuse in Quebec in the summer of 1855.
- British deep-six Project Horizon. Friedman, Norman // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun99, Vol. 125 Issue 6, p91
Reports on the decision of the British government to withdraw from the Project Horizon frigate program. Disagreements between project partners France, Italy and Great Britain; Plans of the British Navy to build alternative frigates; Other options to the British Navy.
- IMTECH ORDER BELGIUM NAVY FRIGATES. // Naval Forces;Aug2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p147
Reports the awarded Imtech Marine & Offshore to upgrade Platform Control and Monitoring System of th Belgian Navy frigates. Modification on the accommodation, machinery and propulsion; Details on the subcontract awarded to ENI of Antwerp by the Belgian Navy; Replacement of ageing hard-wired...
- What Are Frigates? // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Jun2013, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p87
The article offers information on frigates, which have antiair, antisurface and antisubmarine capabilities and so are proved to be effective in several roles.
- The Frigate Sails Into History. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Mar2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p43
Focuses on frigates in the U.S. Uses of the Oliver Hazard Perry-class frigates; Preferability of multi-mission ships to specialists; Roles of surface combatants.