- Fish Processing Industry. // Economic Review (05318955);Jan1999, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p34
Reports on the fish processing industry in Pakistan. Marine resources; Exports from 1993 to 1997; Production; Commercial importance.
- NEWS Bites. // Professional Fisherman;Aug2003, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p14
Presents a news roundup pertaining to the fishery industry in Australia, as of August 2003. Adoption of several approaches to address sustainability and access issues at the meeting of the Protected Zone Joint Authority on June 13; Eligibility of aquaculture businesses for fuel rebates on...
- ENOUGH!!--Fisheries Management needs a Reality Check. Lee, Rick // Professional Fisherman;Feb2004, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p18
Comments on the fisheries management in Australia. Claim that commercial fishermen do sustainable activities in their fisheries; Attempt of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority to effectively ban commercial fishing in a substantial area in the park; Impact of the Representative Area...
- BIM 2006 Annual Review. // Irish Food;2007 Irish Seafood Edition, p8
The article offers a look at the 2006 annual review of the Irish Sea Fisheries Board, Bord Iascaigh Mhara. The overall sales of seafood in 2006 on the home and export markets reached 724.6 million euro, an increase of nine percent in the previous year. According to the review, the major...
- United States' clams and lobsters are good -- but Australian seafood is better. // Professional Fisherman;Jan2005, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p6
Presents the author's opinion on the reputation of the seafood market in Boston, Massachusetts. Dominance of the seafood business in Boston; Superiority of seafood quality in Boston market; Association of the cod industry in the city with seafood in general.
- Another slap in the face for Queensland fishing. Lee, Dick // Professional Fisherman;Jul2005, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p10
Examines the issues and misgivings created by Queensland Department of Primary Industries and Fisheries in the commercial fishing sector. Release of the document entitled "Proposed Changes to Fisheries Licensing and Fee Arrangements -- Regulatory Impact Statement and Draft Public Benefit Test";...
- This week in CB history. Duperray, Martha Dreyer // Caribbean Business;6/14/2007, Vol. 35 Issue 23, p20
The article presents the news headlines of the "Caribbean Business" on June 14, 1976. The petrochemical industry in Puerto Rico appealed to the U.S. Federal Energy Administration (FEA) to equalize its high naphtha costs. Meanwhile, the tuna fishing and canning industry in the country was facing...
- SEAFOOD PROCESSORS. STRONG, DANIEL // Alaska Economic Trends;Nov2014, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p9
The article focuses on the processing of seafood in Alaska. Topics discussed include the minimal training required in most fish processing jobs, the high percentage of nonresidents in the seafood processing industry, and projected growth on seafood processing industry employment between 2012 and...
- New share management fishery scheme. // Professional Fisherman;Jun2004, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the introduction of a new share management fishery scheme by the Australian government. Implication of the long-term security of shares for fishers; Eligibility of commercial fishers for the type and number of shares; Manner by which the shares will be allocated.