Air-Curtain/Awning Combination Prevents Flying-Insect Infiltration, Energy Losses
- Baseball field concessions go 'fly-free' with air curtains. // Engineered Systems;Jan2015, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p21
The article focuses on the renovation of the McKechnie Field with the installation of food service air curtains in Bredenton, Florida. Topics discussed include the expansion of the field's concessions area, the use of air curtains as alternative to screens, and its aim to keep the flying insects...
- Closing the curtain on energy loss. Jones, Chris // Heating & Ventilating Review;May2015, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p22
The article focuses on how air curtains can reduce carbon emissions and offer cost savings with reference to an air curtain installed at Edgeware Community Hospital. Topics discussed include air curtains as energy saving solution at the hospital; prevention of energy loss using air curtains; and...
- CURTAIN DOWN. Harris, Geoff // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2008, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p16
The article examines the Publicly Available Specification (PAS) 121: 2007 for active fire curtain barrier assemblies and provides a comprehensive details about the proper installation of active fire curtain barrier. He states that the curtain barriers will reduce compartment sizes in a building...
- Stop energy loss at the door. // ACR News: Air Conditioning & Refrigeration News;Sep2015, p36
The article focuses on the aspects on how to control energy loss among warehousing, manufacturing, and distribution businesses by considering warehouse door. Topics discussed include the effect of closing and opening external doors on the energy consumption, the advantage of air curtains in...
- Grapefruit cocktail beats bad bugs! // Organic Gardening (08973792);Jan93, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p18
Discusses a two-year study at the University of Maine that reveals that grapefruit seeds can be a potent zapper of Colorado potato beetles and fairly good at repelling Mexican bean bettles, corn earworms and fall armyworms. Chemical limonin, extracted from ground and dried citrus seeds;...
- Bugproof Without DEET. // Backpacker;Jun99, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p100
Suggests several options on how to ward off bugs without using repellents containing DEET.
- Leaping Libanasidus! Johannesburg 'burbs invaded by odd bug. Matoff, Judith // Christian Science Monitor;1/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 39, p6
Informs on the invasion of the Johannesburg suburbs by `Libanasidus vittatus' or the Parktown Prawn bugs. Description and origin of the bugs; Concern of the citizens; Views of an entomologist on their behavior, control and spread.
- Fighting houseplant pests. Sanchez, Janet H.; Sears, Elayne // Horticulture;Nov92, Vol. 70 Issue 9, p24
Presents a step-by-step guide to keep insects at bay. How to isolate the infested plant; Wash the plant; Spray the plant; Remain vigilant; How to prevent future infestations; Details.
- Repellence. Allen, Oliver E. // Horticulture;Apr93, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p12
Offers suggestions for virtually foolproof protection against the nightly attack of winged assailants. Mosquitoes, blackflies, fleas, chiggers and ticks; Products to use; Synthetic chemical repellents; Natural remedies; How the sprays work; Details.