Benefits of a Whole-Building Design Approach
- Design-Built Rationalization Strategies and Applications. Dritsas, Stylianos // International Journal of Architectural Computing;Dec2012, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p575
Rationalisation of architectural design is paramount to manufacturing and its construction. This paper presents a methodology of rationalisation of building envelope geometry. We discuss methods for understanding and addressing design complexity; review two theoretical models of rationalisation:...
- Nice Cube. // Building Design;9/29/2006, Issue 1740, p3
A photograph of the new White Cube gallery at West End London, England is presented, designed by the MRJ Rundell & Associates.
- Message from the President. Meilinger, Chad // Corridor Business Journal;4/30/2012 Builders News, p2
In this article, the author talks about an event called the Parade of Homes to be held in June 2012 which according to him is the best way to demonstrate building designs to the public.
- Ljubljana -- acht neue Bauten. Ivanič, Maja // werk, bauen + wohnen;Jun2009, Issue 6, p27
An introduction to a series of articles on architectural design of several buildings in and around the city of Ljubljana in Slovenia is presented.
- werk-material. // werk, bauen + wohnen;nov2012, Issue 11, p79
The article presents architectural plans and specifications of structures discussed in the current issue of the publication including a community building in Krauchthal, Switzerland and an industrial structure in Gland, Switzerland.
- Planning guidelines include all green space. // Garden;Sep2012, Issue 9, p8
The article discusses the release of guidance titled "Planning for a Healthy Environment," which encourages decision makers on planning issues in Great Britain to include green space at the core of new commercial, industrial and residential building projects from the outset.
- Towards Integrative Design. Kolarevic, Branko // International Journal of Architectural Computing;Sep2009, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p335
The article discusses various reports published within the issue including on the imported concept of morphogenesis in modern architectural design by Stanislav Roudavski, on the function of building formation modeling (BIM) in design information by Hannu PenttilÃ¤, and on the proposed...
- Greenridge 5 a spacious triplex. // High Plains Journal;11/3/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 45, p18B
The article discusses the architectural design of single level triplex Greenridge 5.
- A New All Glass Building. // MGS Architecture;Jan2013, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p64
The article reviews the architectural design of the asymmetrical cone, a glass building in Amsterdam, Holland.