The therapeutic value of hyper-suggestibility
- Clinical Hypnotherapy for Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Mahoney, Michael // Positive Health;May2002, Issue 76, p28
Presents a study on the effectiveness of clinical hypnotherapy in treating irritable bowel syndrome in Great Britain. Effects of hypnotherapy on the digestive system; Symptoms of IBS; Discussions on relaxation, suggestibility and imagery enhanced by hypnosis.
- You're getting very, very healthy. // Self;Sep2002, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p112
Reports on findings of a study, published in the 'American Journal of Gastroenterology,' which showed that hypnotherapy can treat irritable bowel syndrome.
- What's Hot in the Red Journal This Month. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Apr2013, Vol. 108 Issue 4, p463
The article offers information on several topics in the March 1, 2013 issue of the journal "American Journal of Gastroenterology." Topics include clostridium difficile infection (CDI), midodrine and clonidine in patients with cirrhosis and gut-directed hypnotherapy for people with irritable...
- Hypnosis may alleviate irritable bowel syndrome. // Nursing Standard;1/28/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 20, p8
Reports on the success rate of hypnotherapy in treating irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Link between the mind and the gut; Need to change the emphasis of IBS control; Effect of stress and anxiety on the prevalence of IBS.
- Hypnotherapy has long-term beneficial effects in IBS. // Nursing Standard;1/21/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p10
Reports that hypnotherapy is a therapeutic option for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) in Great Britain. Relief of IBS symptoms in the short term; Quality of life; Anxiety.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome. Cohen, Marisa // Prevention;Jan2013, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p72
The article presents information on irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), its causes and treatments. Symptoms of IBS include wrenching abdominal pain accompanied by cramping, bloating and diarrhea. IBS may be developed after a course of antibiotics or emotional trauma. Treatments for IBS include...
- MINERVA. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/29/2008, Vol. 336 Issue 7646, p728
The article presents news items related to medicine. Research reported in "AAP Grand Rounds" found that hypnosis is an effective treatment for children with irritable bowel syndrome and functional abdominal pain. Research found in the "Annals of Occupational Hygiene" found that bacterial counts...
- Hypnosis for bowel symptoms? // Wellness Options;2006, Issue 27, p12
This article focuses on research testing the use of hypnosis in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). IBS patients underwent gut-directed hypnotherapy over a period of three months. Severity, frequency and duration of physical symptoms improved substantially following hypnotherapy....
- Hypnosis Helps IBS Sufferers. // Massage & Bodywork;Apr/May2004, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p15
Presents the results of a study on the role of hypnotherapy in relieving symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome, which was published in the November 2003 issue of "Gut." Image-based suggestions to induce warmth in the abdomen; Individualized ego-strengthening suggestions; Percentage of patients...