Experts call for national immunization registry, coordinated schedules
- Virus protection. // Pharmaceutical Representative;Jan2008, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the vote made by the Public Health Council in New Jersey to make the annual flu shots for all children who attend preschool or are in daycare mandatory. Health officials of the state said that the goal is to reduce the total number of children, hospitalizations and...
- Rodriguez-Trias award for social justice to be given. // Nation's Health;May2005, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p3
This article provides information on a new American Public Health Association (APHA) award that honors public health workers who have advanced social justice to be presented for the first time in 2005. Created in 2001 by the Governing Council, the Helen Rodriguez-Trias Social Justice Award...
- PEDIATRIC ALLERGY AND IMMUNOLOGY. // New York;6/14/2004, Vol. 37 Issue 21, p84
Presents information about the top pediatric allergy and immunology practitioners in New York. Specialization; Contact information.
- Mississippi honored as APHA's Outstanding Affiliate of the Year. McGill, Natalie // Nation's Health;Jan2015, Vol. 44 Issue 10, p31
The article announces that the Mississippi Public Health Association has received the Outstanding Affiliate of the Year Award from the American Public Health Association's (APHA) Council of Affiliates during APHA's 142nd Annual Meeting and Exposition in New Orleans, Louisiana in November 2014.
- Hopes for traction in rural health with united voice. Topham-Kindley, Liane // New Zealand Doctor;4/9/2014, p13
The article reports on the growth at the Rural Health Alliance of Aotearoa New Zealand (RHAANZ) over the years.
- Offit, Paul A. W. D. // Current Biography;Apr2009, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p73
A biography of Paul Allan Offit, immunologist, pediatrician and educator, is presented. He was born on March 27, 1951 in Baltimore, Maryland and cites how he witnessed the sufferings of vulnerable children, during his recovery period after his operation from clubfoot. He enrolled at the...
- FROM THE GUEST EDITORS. Magaliff, Gail A. // Journal of Jewish Communal Service;Summer/Fall2010, Vol. 85 Issue 2/3, p221
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editors discuss articles on the Federation Employment and Guidance Service (FEGS), the impact of economic recession, and the changes, challenges, and accomplishments of FEGS' allied professions.
- Visit APHA on the World Wide Web! // American Journal of Public Health;Apr97, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p686
A call for members of the American Public Health Association to visit the association's Home Page that offer information related to public health is presented.
- CHANGE IN NDPHA DUES STRUCTURE. // North Dakota Public Health News;Oct2010, p4
The article presents the changes in annual dues for the members of the North Dakota Public Health Association (NDPHA) that was voted during the 2010 Annual Meeting in Grand Forks, North Dakota.