Pocket-sized help for people with dementia
- Alzheimer's Association offers classes on dementia. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;9/1/2011, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the Alzheimer's Association is offering classes to provide skills and information that are necessary in caring for people with dementia in St. Louis, Missouri.
- ForschungsfÃ¶rderung 2012 der Deutschen Alzheimer Gesellschaft. // Ergotherapie & Rehabilitation;Jan2012, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p6
Projects for improving the lives of people afflicted with dementia and their friends and family are solicited by the Deutsche Alzheimer Gesellschaft (German Alzheimer's Society).
- Delaying dementia. // Speech & Language Therapy in Practice;Autumn2009, p2
The article reports on the joint forces of Alzheimer's Society and the Stroke Association in funding research in Great Britain. Both associations have worked together to be able to help prevent or delay the development of dementia among people who had stroke. The goals of the association have...
- RESEARCH INTO PRACTICE. Manthorpe, Jill // Community Care;2/7/2002, Issue 1408, p45
Looks at research suggesting how the Home Improvement Agency (HIA) can work more effectively with older people with dementia. Support and training needed by HIA staff; Needs of people with dementia; Advantage of local housing options to older people.
- Call to act on dementia. // Australian Journal of Pharmacy;Jan2014, Vol. 95 Issue 1124, p5
The article offers information on the report "The Global Impact of Dementia 2013â€“2050" by Martin Prince, Professor at King's College London, England, from the non-profit Alzheimer's Disease International. Topics of discussion included were global estimation of people living with dementia...
- Caring is knowing. Rippon, Angela // Nursing Standard;4/7/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 31, p26
In the article the author reflects on how education materials published by the Alzheimer's Society may help healthcare professionals take better care of dementia patients. She opines that more hospital training is necessary to improve care for dementia patients. She reports that training in...
- Patients with dementia stay in hospital longer. // Pulse;11/18/2009, Vol. 69 Issue 37, p2
The article focuses on the Alzheimer's Society report on patients with dementia in Great Britain. It is stated in the report that dementia patients are likely to stay in the hospital longer. It notes the result could cost hundreds of millions of pounds to the National Health Service (NHS) as...
- A modern killer. // OECD Observer;2013 4th Quarter, Issue 297, p56
The article focuses on the impact of dementia on health care costs. Topics include a report by the organization Alzheimer's Disease International on an increase in the cases of dementia, efforts of the OECD to reduce mortality and disability from heart disease and cancer and to address dementia...
- To enhance its future, Ghana must protect its old people. Yankey, Martha // New African;May2014, Issue 539, p28
The article focuses on the growth in the number of older people in Ghana, as of May 2014. Topics include a report by the World Health Organization (WHO) on number people with dementia globally, the Alzheimer's and Related Diseases Association of Ghana (ARDAG) to raise awareness of dementia and...