Experts call for health infoway "watchdog"
- Statistical starting points in Africa. Appiah, Bernard // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;6/12/2012, Vol. 184 Issue 9, pE471
The article focuses on a report released by the World Health Organization on how developing nations should collect and use health statistics to determine areas of priority investment to achieve desired health outcomes. The report urged the adoption of a system measuring national health...
- electronic health record. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p741
An encyclopedia entry for "electronic health record," is presented, which is also called electronic medical record.
- Towards a unified theory of patient data. Delamothe, Tony // BMJ: British Medical Journal (Overseas & Retired Doctors Edition;8/25/2012, Vol. 345 Issue 7871, p4
The article discusses the issue of ownership of medical data. He believes data collected during medical trials and hospital visits belong to the participants in the trial and not to clinicians. He cites the work of Paul Davies and refers to Mohammad Al-Ubaydli's concept of the 'personal health...
- West Coast to share e-health records. // New Zealand Doctor;11/30/2011, p24
The article previews the Share for Care electronic health record system introduced by Healthy West Coast.
- Open Issues in Intelligent Personal Health Record - An Updated Status Report for 2012. Luo, Gang // Journal of Medical Systems;Jun2013, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p1
To improve the capability and usability of the personal health record (PHR) as a tool to empower consumers in the management of their own health, we have proposed the concept of an intelligent PHR (iPHR) and built a prototype iPHR system with four functions. These four functions use various...
- EHR DOCUMENTATION: AVOID NOTE CLONING AND UP-CODING. Dowling, Renee // Medical Economics;6/25/2014, Vol. 91 Issue 12, p33
The article provides an answer to a question about the misuse of electronic health record (EHR) system in clinical documentation.
- Asking while it counts. BARR, PAUL // Hospitals & Health Networks;Oct2014, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the efforts of managers of the Christus Santa Rosa Health System to enhance patient experience by using simple tools like pen and paper instead of electronic health records or big data.
- New CMS Guidance on Stage 2 Includes Details on Transitions of Care. Goedert, Joseph // Healthdatamanagement.com;8/28/2013, p1
The article presents questions and answers related to electronic health records (EHR) including when corrected clinical quality measure (CQM) will published, what is the role of computerized provider order entry (CPOE) in EHR, and how eligible professional (EP) effects certified EHR.
- The EMR, all grown up. Rich, Pat // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Jun2013 Future Practice Supplement, p16
The article present an answer to a question related to the best possible use of your electronic medical record (EMR).