- BY THE NUMBERS. // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);12/3/2007 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 150 Issue 23, p5
The article presents statistics related to revenue lost to motion picture piracy.
- Shark-infested waters. Benko, Anita // Budapest Business Journal;4/15/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 19, p6
Reports on the fight against piracy of audiovisual products. Campaign and efforts of entertainment companies in tracking down culprits of piracy; Establishment of ASVA to fight film and video piracy; Concern on the patronage of consumers on the cheap prices of audio and film products.
- Downturn shines a spotlight on conditional access providers. // MarketWatch: Technology;Apr2009, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p5
The article reports on the need of conditional access providers to invest in more rapid systems in the midst of the global recession. While consumers use home-based entertainment to save money, this would make them less inclined to consume media content through legitimate channels. It is...
- Why Are People So Prone to Steal Software? The Effect of Cost Structure on Consumer Purchase and Payment Intentions. Nunes, Joseph C.; Hsee, Christopher K.; Weber, Elke U. // Journal of Public Policy & Marketing;Spring2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p43
Intellectual property piracy is a significant global problem and an enormous problem for U.S. companies and policymakers. This article examines why typically law-abiding people are more inclined to steal intellectual property products than more tangible, material products. The authors propose...
- THE MODERATING ROLE OF NEUTRALIZATIONS IN THE CONSUMPTION OF HIGH-END PIRATED PRODUCTS. Serviere-Munoz, Laura; Simpson, Penny // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2012, Vol. 23, p355
An abstract of the article "The Moderating Role of Neutralizations in the Consumption of High-End Pirated Products," by Laura Serviere-Munoz and Penny Simpson is presented.
- DETERMINANTS AND OUTCOMES OF CONSUMER DIGITAL PIRACY BEHAVIOR: CROSS-CULTURAL VALIDATION. Koklic, Mateja Kos; Kukar-Kinney, Monika; Vida, Irena // AMA Winter Educators' Conference Proceedings;2012, Vol. 23, p218
An abstract of the article "Determinants and Outcomes of Consumer Digital Piracy Behavior: Cross-Cultural Validation," by Mateja Kos Koklic, Monika Kukar-Kinney, and Irena Vida is presented.
- Portugal Music Shipments In Slump. Graeme, Chris // Billboard;9/21/2002, Vol. 114 Issue 38, p63
Reports on the decline in the value of compact disc music albums in Portugal during the first six months of 2002 due to piracy and low consumer confidence. Percentage of decline in the trade value of shipments; State of the problem associated with piracy in the country; Need to target aged...
- Thorsten Schliesche, VP of sales and marketing, Napster Europe. // Music Week;10/30/2010, Issue 43, p12
In this article, the author discusses the effects of music digitization in all aspects of the music industry including the business model which could fill the needs of the consumers, the varying consumer habits, and music piracy.
- Hindsight. // Risk Management (00355593);Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 58 Issue 6, p46
The article presents statistics in 2010 on various topics including the change in insurance volume, the cost of piracy in the high seas, and deaths from the Masset Mine Disaster.