Follow-Up: Fans Raise Cash to Save 'EastEnders'
- Kinder, gentler pledge drives. E.A.R. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/10/95, Vol. 125 Issue 15, p72
Reports on television station WNET New York's development of fund-raising software. Elimination of duplicate solicitations; Advantages for pledge drives; Installation schedule for 1996; Use of information systems to make programming decisions.
- Bozo rules over Chicago in WGN-TV charity fundraiser. Consoli, John; Farrell, Greg // MediaWeek;05/25/98, Vol. 8 Issue 21, p22
Reports on the success of the 1998 Bozo Ball charity fundraiser of the WGN television station held in Chicago, Illinois. Total amount of net proceeds raised; Highlights of the event.
- Foothills telethon. Elliott, Robert // Inside Tucson Business;8/26/96, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p16
Reports on KGUN-TV's plan to air the `Stars Across America Labor Day Telethon' telephone fund raising event starting on September 1, 1996. Event hosts.
- Valley Public TV fund-raising part of effort to convert from analog to digital. D'Ambrosio, Michele // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;12/28/98, Issue 322400, p3
Focuses on a move by television stations in Fresno, California from analog to digital technology. Advantage by the Valley Public Television KVPT over other stations due to its adaptable transmitter; Fund raising drive to fulfill mandate to fulfill digital technology utilization in 2003;...
- Flood relief. // Quill;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p7
Discloses that a telethon simultaneously broadcast on all eight Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota-area television stations raised more than $532,000 for long-term relief and recovery from the Minnesota and North Dakota floods. Distribution of telethon proceeds through a coalition of non-profit...
- Detroit Public Television to grow as money flows. Shea, Bill // Crain's Detroit Business;10/22/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p24
The article offers information on Detroit Public Television (DPT). It is noted that it will build the remaining elements of the station as money is raised. The station needs to raise $8.8 million to finish construction of its Riley Broadcaster Center in Wixom, Michigan, and complete its...
- Ecumenical cable channel seeks partners. Allen Jr., John L. // National Catholic Reporter;05/08/98, Vol. 34 Issue 27, p11
Announces the need of Odyssey television channel for business partners. Why the channel need partners; Purpose of enhancing the program of the network; Information on on-air fundraising; Capabilities that the business partner must possess; Where other funds might come from.
- Lost Revenues, Higher Costs Pinch Stations. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;11/3/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p1
Reports that the TV coverage of the wildfires in Southern California has led to lost revenues and higher costs to local TV stations in the U.S. Loss from advertising revenues; Comparison of the degree of damage of wildfires with previous disasters; Fund raising campaign of KGTV for Red Cross to...
- Central Valley Prays for Rain. Malone, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;4/28/2014, Vol. 144 Issue 16, p22
The article focuses on the coverage of the extended drought in Fresno-Visalia, California by television (TV) stations in the region. It mentions the service provided by TV stations to the agricultural sector in the area by providing updates on weather conditions as well as raising funds and...