CNBC's Taggable Tax Tips Go Out
- CNBC buyers press net for guarantees. Goetzl, David // Advertising Age;4/9/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 15, p1
The article reports that U.S.-based CNBC was able to force advertisers to buy its daytime market coverage with no ratings guarantees. CNBC has been signaling buyers that it may offer some ratings commitments to its core financial services advertisers. CNBC argues that its audience is actually 40...
- CNBC. // Brandweek;4/20/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 16, pS10
The article presents several facts about the business news television network CNBC. The network's ratings in 2007 are compared to their ratings in 2008. Information is provided on how CNBC presents marketers with opportunities to target their audience. The multi-platform opportunities that CNBC...
- FBN still trying to make name for itself in cable market. STEINBERG, BRIAN // Advertising Age;5/2/2011, Vol. 82 Issue 18, p4
The article focuses on the cable television network Fox Business Network, a division of News Corp. The network's low ratings compared to rival cable business news network CNBC are considered. Executives of media buying services are said to hope Fox Business can improve on that performance, as...
- CNBC minds its own business. Dempsey, John // Variety;6/30/2008, Vol. 411 Issue 7, p17
The article reports that one cable station that hasn't been affected by the feud between the NBC Television Network and Fox Television is the CNBC channel. After the network promoted Jonathan Wald to vice-president of business, the station's ratings increased, a result of its emphasis on...
- Alternative Advertising Formats for Cable Television. Keown, Charles F.; Freunschuh, Leslie // Current Issues & Research in Advertising;1985, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p175
In a factorial experiment using two lengths of time (2Â½ and 4 minutes) and two types of format (segmentedâ€”individual story line for each product, and nonsegmentedâ€”single story line for all products), student subjects were shown cable television commercials featuring five...
- The kids krunch. // MediaWeek;7/5/93, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p17
Reports on developments in the childrens' market of network television, cable, spot television and print. Marketplace's ways in correcting anomalies arising from rising demand for television time and dwindling ratings. CPM increase of up to 40 percent for commercial time.
- Upfront may get busier this week. Burgi, Michael // MediaWeek;7/5/93, Vol. 3 Issue 27, p22
Reports on advertising activities for cable television networks on the second week of July, 1993. Advertising agencies opting to wait after the holiday weekend to sit down and negotiate with the networks; Comments from an exucutive from USA Networks; Baseball as the area of concentration for...
- TV ad contest adds 2 `firsts.' // Automotive News;8/25/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 5728, p2
Reports that the Television Bureau of Advertising is making two changes in its 1998 automotive TV commercial competition. The name as MAX awards; The cash awards for best-of-show winners.
- Cable's upfront ad sales increasing. // Electronic Media;04/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p10
Presents statistics on advertising sales in cable television as of April 3, 2000.