NTIA: 5%-10% of U.S. Lacks 'Basic' Broadband Speed
- Broadband wireless--the dawn of a new era. Steckley, Eugene // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p51
Focuses on the broadband wireless technological innovation in the telecommunication industry of Europe. Determination of operator's service offerings through access network technology; Delivery of higher-bandwidth services over existing copper pairs; Deployment of digital broadband wireless...
- Satellite broadband provides new option for teleworkers. Salamoff, Steve // Employee Benefit News;May2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p59
Focuses on the use of satellite broadband technology in facilitating teleworking in the United States. Challenges facing information technology and human resources managers in facilitating teleworking; Information on how the teleworking process works; Advantages of using satellite connectivity...
- Crossing the digital divide. Schaeffler, Jimmy // Satellite Communications;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on broadband communication services offered to rural communities in the United States. Broadband pricing; Projected rural broadband subscriber growth by 2007; Importance of rural broadband access.
- Broadband users are gung-ho. // Credit Union Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p22
Studies the internet usage in the U.S. Use of broadband connections; Types of internet activities; Amount of time spent online.
- Brittany spears new network. // Voice+;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p12
Reports on Brittany, France's setting up of the Brittany Regional Broadband Network to provide high-speed Internet access and voice, video and data services in the area. Benefits expected from the regional network; France Telecom's involvement in the project.
- Sikkema, Senate Broadband Bill Applauded. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/25/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p4
Focuses on the proposed broadband legislation for high-speed internet access in Michigan. Bureaucracy in the telecommunication business; Provisions of the proposed bill; Implication of the bill.
- History May Be On The Side Of The New Broadband Plan. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 12, pB6
Examines the broadband initiative of Michigan that will send high-speed Internet service to residents. Bills that would provide incentive to spur broadband development; Potential benefits of the plan; Overview of the Electronic Telecommunications Infrastructure Planning non profit coalition. ...
- Media Center Takes Step Into Broadband Market. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 12, pB7
Reports that the Community Media Center is getting ready to move into the second phase of its Mobile Learning Lab for Information Education which fills some of the gaps of Michigan residents who cannot get broadband Internet connections. Grants received by the center; Time and training to be...
- Tucson up to speed on broadband rollout. Schliesman, Kyle // Inside Tucson Business;01/01/2001, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p9
Reports on the efforts of the local government of Tucson, Arizona in facilitating the rollout of broadband communication systems. Local industry experts' optimism that the city is ready and on the right track for a thriving telecommunications future; Examples of local communities that need to...
- Broadband As James Dean. Bartholomew, Doug // Industry Week/IW;Jun2002, Vol. 251 Issue 5, p79
Comments on the emergence of broadband communication technology. Reasons for the slow adoption of the technology; Research project of the University of California at Berkeley on broadband; Effects of broadband's failure to gain wide acceptance on telecommunication providers.