'How It Works,' Meet 'You're Not Allowed'
- Leased Commercial Access; Development of Competition and Diversity in Video Programming Distribution and Carriage. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;9/29/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 189, p60652
The article presents the final rule on the program carriage rules of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The rules, which pertain to carriage of video programming vendors by multichannel video programming distributors (MVPD), are intended to benefit consumers by promoting...
- Revision of the Commission's Program Carriage Rules. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;9/29/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 189, p60675
The article presents a proposed rule on the program carriage rules of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). The rules, which pertain to carriage of video programming vendors by multichannel video programming distributors (MVPD), are intended to benefit consumers by promoting...
- For Whom the Bell Tolls--DBS? Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p64
Analyzes the impact of Regional Bell Operating Companies on the multichannel video business in the U.S. Actions taken by Verizon Communications Inc. and SBC Communications Corp. in response to RBOC entrance on multichannel video market; Implications of RBOC for direct broadcast satellite...
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;11/19/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p36
The article presents a calendar of events of interest to the multichannel sector in the United States from November 2007 to January 2008, including the Sports Video Group League Technology Summit, the Consumer Electronics Association 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show, and Society of...
- Sprint Halts MMDS Rollout. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;10/29/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p40
Reports the decision of Sprint Corp. to delay the deployment of its multichannel multipoint distribution services. Implications of the decision to equipment vendors; Speculations on the company's decision; Rationale behind the decision.
- MMDS: From Back Burner to Centre Stage. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Sep99, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p24
Reports on the increased importance of multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) in the telecommunication sector. Use of MMDS as a way to provide advanced two-way digital broadband access; Impact of the buying sprees of Sprint and MCI WorldCom.
- Quality is in the eye of the beholder. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;11/13/95, Vol. 229 Issue 20, p5
Opinion. States that telecommunication network operators in the United States need to consider quality of service in their multichannel multipoint distribution service (MMDS) efforts. Customers' quality demands; Factors influencing customers' decision to shift to MMDS; Arguments for and...
- Watch TV and become good-looking and rich. Dick, Brod // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2003, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p10
Editorial. Comments on the need for multichannel communication. Assignment of informative and factual programs on primetime television (TV); Advantage of watching TV; Change in the schedule of TV programming.
- RBWM setup digital in-plant. // PrintWeek;1/27/2012, p2
The article reports on the investment of the Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead (RBWM) in digital print and finishing equipment to transform its print in-plant into a multichannel communications provider in England in January 2012.