- Judge Mulls Fate Of A La Carte Suit. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;6/23/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p34
The article reports on the lawsuit filed by a group of consumers from California, Indiana, Virginia, and New York against cable and satellite providers NBC Universal Inc., Viacom Inc., DirectTV Inc., and Dish Network Corp. in Los Angeles, California on December 3, 2007. The consumer action...
- Judge assails Dish's tactics. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;10/10/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 8, p3
The article offers information on Dish Network Corp., which has been accused of delay tactics in hope of a mistrial in its litigation with Cablevision System Corp. over its now-defunct Voom TV service.
- JUDGE PUTS STUDIOS HEARING ON HOLD IN ADSKIPPING DVR CASE. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;6/4/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that U.S. District Court judge Laura Swain issued a temporary restraining order on the breach of contract and copyright infringement lawsuits filed against Dish Network involving its Auto Hop advertisement-skipping digital video recorder (DVR).
- Dish tactics rile judge. Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;10/18/2012, Vol. 317 Issue 14, p1
The article reports on the breach of contract case involving chief executive officer (CEO) Charlie Ergen's company Dish Network Corp. ruled by Judge Richard Lowe of New York State Supreme.
- Viacom New Media plans 20 new titles. M.B. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p70
Reports that Viacom New Media will announce the 20 multimedia software titles it will publish in 1995 at the Winter Consumer Electronics Show.
- Possible changes in tax break could obstruct huge Viacom deal. // Christian Science Monitor;1/25/95, Vol. 87 Issue 41, p14
Reports on the likelihood of the obstruction on a deal by cable-television company, Viacom Incorporated following expected changes in tax break. Details of the same.
- Viacom earnings up 6%. // Electronic Media;11/4/96, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p40
Focuses on the increase in the 1996 third-quarter earnings of Viacom Incorporated. Statistics representing the increase.
- Viacom wants break. Harrington, John // Crain's New York Business;3/13/95, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p38
Reports on a statement by an attorney for Viacom Inc. before the US Senate Finance Committee claiming that the proposed repeal of a minority tax break program is unfairly retroactive and would wipe out a company deal. Disbanding of Virgin Retail Group and Viacom's Blockbuster Entertainment Group.
- Viacom deal best-seller on Wall St. Block, Valerie // Crain's New York Business;01/19/98, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p4
Presents information on the proposed sale of Viacom's Simon & Schuster unit's textbook division. Detailed information on the Viacom's market activity; Consequences of this proposed sale; Comments from Dennis McAlpine, analyst. INSET: In focus.