Addressability's Great, But Interactivity Is Here Now
- Interactive TV: You Say You Want It When? Leddy, Craig // Multichannel News;12/18/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 51, p40
Discusses the reasons for the delayed mass implementation of interactive television (ITV) among television broadcasters in the United States. Delays caused by the high key approach in introducing the technology; Suggestion for ITV providers to become more patient in launching the technology.
- Poll: Consumers are ready for interactive television. Dunphy, Laura // Electronic Media;04/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p18
Focuses on the growing consumer demand for interactive television in the United States, according to a survey by a group of interactive technology companies. Description of the interactive television setups tested by survey participants; Development plans for interactive technology services by...
- Newsmagazines raise the stakes in bid for viewers. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p3
Reports on the trend among United States newspapers of turning to event interactive television programming. Intended purpose of industry players for capitalizing on event programming; Overview on the efforts of 'Dateline' in launching interactive television episodes; Optimism that such...
- Simplicity key for interactivity. Berger, Robin; Hall, Lee // Electronic Media;06/21/99, Vol. 18 Issue 25, p2
Reports on developments in interactive television programming in the United States. Television networks which gave their commitment to interactive programming; Progress of infrastructure upgrades; Standards developed for interactive television.
- How interactive is TV? Shaw, Russell // Broadcasting & Cable;01/01/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 1, p50
Focuses on the development of interactive television broadcasting technology in the United States. Definition of interactive television; Advantages offered by interactivity in television broadcasting; Advantages and potential drawbacks of interactive television technology.
- Conference highlights cable's technology stars. Whitney, Daisy // Electronic Media;11/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p18
Focuses on the premise of interactive television broadcasts in the United States. Key aspects on the profitability of interactive television; Probable concepts of deriving direct revenues in interactive television; Attributes of interactive television.
- Web Lesson: Plan for ITV Orders Early. Shapiro, Peter // Multichannel News;02/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p53
Provides tips on how to handle plans for interactive television (ITV) orders in the United States. Credible plan for reliable order management and fulfillment of ITV-Commerce; Settlement of revenues; Evaluation of ITV platforms.
- Turbo Television? Ephron, Erwin // MediaWeek;05/14/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p28
Discusses the potentials of turbo television (TV) in the interactive market of the United States. Functions of interactive TV market; Appeal of interactive program guides to consumers as a coping technology; Advantages of turbo TV.
- ITV takes a new direction. Robins, Andrew // Electronic Media;04/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p12
Reports on development on interactive television (ITV) market in the United States. Confusion caused by ITV among traditional media executives; Transformation of the ITV format; Limited programs; Audience acceptability.