DC Entertainment Splits Amid Changes
- Crown Cuts 20 in Prima Restructuring. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/3/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 9, p20
Reports the decision of Crown Publishing Group to close down the Prima Lifestyles imprint in the West Coast and relocate the Prima Forum imprint to New York in March 2003. Schedule for the last publishing of Prima Lifestyle lines; Information on the release of titles from the Prima Forum line;...
- DC Comics Launches Manga Imprint. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;6/28/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 26, p9
Reports on the launch of CMX, an imprint by DC Comics that will publish English-translated Japanese manga for the U.S. market. Number of manga titles to be released by DC Comics; Appointment of executive Jake Tarbox at the CMX imprint; Significance of the imprint to the publishing deals entered...
- Downsized, Not Dead. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;10/29/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 44, p6
The article focuses on the folding of imprint Free Press (FP) into the Simon & Schuster Publishing Group (S&S) as a result of restructuring at S&S. It states that FP's two highest ranking executives, editorial director Dominick Anfuso and publisher Martha K. Levin, have been let go as a result...
- Menaker, Karp, Miller Get New Roles at Random. Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;5/31/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 22, p7
Reports on a reorganization of the editorial management team at Random House Publishing Group in May 2004. Views of Dan Menaker on his role as the new executive editor-in-chief; Position held by Nancy Miller; Imprints managed by Jonathan Karp.
- New names & new imprints. // Library Talk;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p19
Presents news briefs related to new book imprints and changes in publishing house names. Includes Scholastic Hardcover's adoption of the name Scholastic Press; Harcourt Brace Children's Books and Jane Yolen's disbanding of Yolen's imprint and addition of Silver Whistle imprint; Shoe String...
- DC shifts digital ops to Burbank. Kit, Borys // Hollywood Reporter;9/22/2010, Vol. 416 Issue 24, p5
The article presents information on the plans of DC Entertainment Inc. to relocate from New York to Burbank.
- Post Card Collector: A Revised Permit Imprint Usage. Fricke, Charles A. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;5/20/2005, Vol. 196 Issue 20, p8
Describes the use of a permit imprints in postcards.
- Top Jazz Imprints. // Billboard;12/25/2004, Vol. 116/117 Issue 52/1, pYE-69
Presents a chart of the top jazz music imprints in the U.S. as of December 25, 2004, including Sony Classical.
- Top Contemporary Jazz Imprints. // Billboard;12/24/2005, Vol. 117 Issue 52, Special section p68
The article presents a list of the top contemporary jazz imprints in the U.S. including Arista and Verve.