Amazon's House-of-Cards Announcement: Here We Go Again
- The Kindle Multiplier. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/13/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 7, p4
The article reports on a study which found owners of the electronic book readers Kindle and Kindle Fire purchase more books and spend more money on the website of electronic commerce company Amazon than nonowners. The study's data on the purchasing habits of Kindle device owners and book sales...
- The Scarlet Letter. ROXBURGH, STEPHEN // Publishers Weekly;12/19/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 51, p56
The article presents the authors views on Amazon.com, Inc. He mentions the working procedure of the company and also speaks on the Big Six publishers and Apple Inc.'s stating Amazon's policies as illegal. He describes how the company helped in selling of the young adult fiction books through its...
- ARE CONSUMERS AS EXCITED AS PUBLISHERS AND ONLINE RETAILERS? Norris, Michael // ForeWord Reviews;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p13
The article discusses the implications of the findings of a survey regarding the utilization of electronic books (eBooks) in the U.S. It states that the survey was conducted in January 2009 with the launch of the Kindle eBook reader by Amazon.com Inc., which was endorsed by Oprah Winfrey. It...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;12/5/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 49, p5
The article presents news briefs from the book industry. Tim Coates, former head of Waterstone's, has started the web site, Bilbary.com, a which will sell e-books from publishers across the world. Hachette Book Group Inc. has released its 2011 Environmental Progress Report. Amazon.com Inc. has...
- Amazon opens lending library for Kindle readers. // Flare (Pakistan);12/15/2011, p62
The article reports that Internet retailer Amazon.com Inc. has opened a lending library of digital books for the owner of its Kindle electronic readers.
- Amazon and the future of bookselling. Hoe, Richard // Life Insurance Selling;Oct2013, Vol. 88 Issue 10, p70
The article offers the author's insight on the future of bookselling, with particular consideration on Amazon Kindle and libraries and booksellers. He explores the potential of Amazon to be the long-term bookselling player, wherein, a person can buy lots of books at Amazon without living their...
- Kindle Sales Stay Strong Amid Competition from Apple's iPad. // Channel Insider;12/28/2010, p1
The article reports that Amazon.com Inc.'s electronic book reader device was strong in sales over the 2010 holiday season amid competition from devices such as Apple Inc.'s iPad.
- Amazon begins delivery of third-gen Kindle. Hernández, Gina M. // Caribbean Business;8/26/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p41
The article reports on the launch of the third generation Kindle electronic book reader from Amazon.com Inc. in the Caribbean Area.
- Amazon Introduces High Resolution Kindle Paperwhite E-Readers. // Graphic Arts Industry News Digest;Oct2012, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p33
The article announces the release of the Kindle Paperwhite electronic reader from Amazon.com Inc.