Does Rain Dampen Book Sales?
- Mercer's "Bucket List" of Bookstores. // World Literature Today;Sep/Oct2008, Vol. 82 Issue 5, p50
The article provides a list of independent bookstores across the world.
- INDEPENDENT RETAILER WATCH: The Last Word on Harry Potter. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2007, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the results of sales survey of "Harry Potter" books in the U.S. The journal asked 91 independent bookstores about their take on the "Harry Potter" phenomenon. In the follow up survey, 50 retailers claimed that they enjoyed increased sales with the latest book installment....
- Bookstores on same page. Alexander, Susanne M. // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/08/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p13
Reports on United States independent bookstores' formation of a coalition to establish Booksense as a national branding image and the web site www.booksense.com for online retail sales. Goal to become a strong and viable alternative to the large chain booksellers and online dominants; Use of...
- Another regional bars chains. // Publishers Weekly;10/24/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 43, p9
Reports that the Intermountain Booksellers Association has changed its name to Intermountain Independent Booksellers Association.
- An industry in denial. Harris, Jim // Quill & Quire;May99, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p9
Reports on the increase of online book sales in Canada. Correlation between education, computer ownership and buying books; Tactics for independent bookstores to compete with the online environment; Reason of the domination of Amazon Bookstores on online sales.
- Intermountain group goes independent. B.K. // Publishers Weekly;10/31/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 44, p20
Reports on the voting by members of the Intermountain Booksellers Association to change the group's name to the Intermountain Independent Booksellers Association (IIBA). Places covered by the organization; 12th annual meeting of the organization in Salt Lake City, Utah on October 14 to 15, 1994;...
- RHODE ISLAND. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/1/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 39, p20
The article offers a look at the bookselling industry in Rhode Island. Rhode Island has the second highest population density following New Jersey. With 400 miles of coast line and a land area of only 1,045 square miles, the state supports eight chain and eight independent bookstores. Such...
- E-book Programs for Indies. J. R. // Publishers Weekly;2/27/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 9, p21
The article discusses promotional efforts undertaken by independent bookstores to sell e-books.
- Indies Find a Niche. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;3/26/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 13, p28
The article focuses on independent bookstores in Illinois. Despite stiff competition from mass merchandise stores, several independents have opened in recent years outside the metro area. Some of these bookstores, such as the I Know You Like a Book in Peoria Heights and Rosetta Stone Bookstore...