Differences Seen in Book Category Health
- Things Aren't What They Seem with Channels. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p12
The article reports on Simba Information Inc.'s age breakdown data on book purchasing from Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc. in 2008 in the U.S. The data indicated bookstores are still the number one entity where books are purchased, with 77.9 million adults buying at least one book. About 14...
- Shoppers Stick to What They Know in December. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the 94 International Standard Book Numbers (ISBN) that appeared on Simba Information Inc.'s ranking of bestseller list for December 2008 in the U.S. It is noted at 18.8 per week, represented the lowest rate since the previous December 2007, when it was 16 new entries per...
- Fiber, Flights and More. // Brandweek;6/21/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 25, p14
The article covers issues of interest to U.S. consumers as of June 2010 which include various summer activities of children under the age of 18, the rise in the satisfaction of customers with airline services and the access of 72% people to electronic-mail (e-mail) and Internet during vacation.
- Audio Title Customer Base Declined in 2008. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the decline in the number of audiobook buyers between the winter and spring of 2008 in the U.S. Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc.' data indicated the number of adults, who admitted to buying at least one audio title, declined 11 percent in a matter of months. However,...
- E-Books and the Independent Bookseller. // Book Publishing Report;May2009, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on Simba Information Inc.'s approval of the American Booksellers Association to create an iPhone application designed for IndieBound Web site. It notes that electronic books (e-books) are acquired due to their portability, convenience, and space saving. It points out that...
- In pursuit of obnoxiously devoted customers. Bell, Chip R. // Business Horizons;Mar/Apr2002, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p13
Presents tips to attract customers in the U.S. Importance of dealing nicely with the consumer complaints; Essence of reliability in customer satisfaction; Advantage of showing enchantment to build customer devotion.
- JPM Sees Uptick in Customer Satisfaction. Browdie, Brian // American Banker;12/12/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 189, p16
The article notes information from the customer satisfaction research firm ACSI's report which found JPMorgan Chase bank's customer satisfaction levels rose in 2012 but Bank of America's did not and also found U.S. consumers were less satisfied with credit unions than they were the previous year.
- Best Smartphones, Wireless Carriers. Reisinger, Don // CIO Insight;6/4/2012, p1
The article reports on the important role played by the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) in providing insights about the quality of products and services available to household consumers in the U.S.
- Marketing to men. Sims, Rodman // Marketing News;12/5/94, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p4
The article evaluates the three important things to male consumers that businessmen should take into consider. It is a fact that men have 10 times more testosterone coursing through their veins than women. According to an old saying, the only difference between a man and a boy is the price of...