Market in Focus: Hispanic Book Buyers
- Hardcovers Safe for Now. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/26/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 29, p4
The article reports on the recovery in the sales of hardcovers in the U.S. It stresses that sales of hardcovers for the month of June 2010 has increased according to Nielsen Book Scan. Surveys from Amazon.com Inc. also reveals that sales of hardcovers will continue to grow. It further offers...
- BOOK 'EM. Schurr, Amanda // Just Out;11/20/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p21
The article offers information on several booksellers in the U.S. including the Looking Glass Books, the Laughing Horse Books and the Wallace Books.
- Redbook: July Store Sales Down 0.5% Versus June. // Bond Buyer;8/3/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33559, p2
The article reports on the decline of the sales of Johnson Redbook retail sales by 0.5% in the fourth week of June 2011 in the U.S.
- Oregon bookseller: `No Washingtonians allowed.' Zeitchik, Steven M. // Publishers Weekly;12/15/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 51, p24
Discusses Oregon Books in Depoe Bay, Oregon. The fact that it stocks titles only by and about Oregonians; The possibility of commercial success; The bookstore's uniqueness.
- Vargas, Lackberg, The Casts. // Publishers Weekly;6/20/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 25, p8
This article reports on the release of several best-selling books of U.S. authors overseas in 2011.
- New Report Examines Book Market, Buyers. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/20/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 29, p2
This article focuses on a Bowker report which examined the book buying habits of American consumers. According to the report, women purchased 65% of all trade books in 2008. The report also found that the vast majority of books are purchased by consumers in households with an earning of less...
- Good Grades for Fall List. // Book Publishing Report;Oct2009, Vol. 34 Issue 10, p6
The article reports that 33.9% of the booksellers in the U.S. note that the fall of 2009 list of books is slightly higher compared to the fall 2008 list in terms of quality, while 11.9% claims the fall books are slightly lower in terms of quality.
- America's BOOK-LOG. // America;1/19/1957, Vol. 96 Issue 16, p460
Two lists are presented including the top ten best selling Catholic books in the U.S. as of January 1957 and the book stores who reported their best-selling books.
- The Boulder Model: Making Self-Published Books Pay. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;7/26/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 29, p19
The article reports on the move of many booksellers in the U.S. to follow the fee structure developed by Boulder Book Store that provides self-published writers with promotional opportunities. Boulder has asked these writers to pay a 25-dollar-handling fee to compensate for the cost of stocking...