Fiction Tops Nonfiction for First Time in May 2009
- Larsson, Patterson Help Raise Stakes in Suspense. // Book Publishing Report;May2011, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p1
The article focuses on the performance of books in the suspense category in the U.S. from April 2010 to March 2011. It says that the suspense category achieve No. 2 by consolidated ranking of all categories in 2010. It states that authors Stieg Larsson and James Patterson dominated the top-10...
- A Game of Thrones Holds No. 1; The Help Closes In. // Book Publishing Report;Aug2011, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p6
Several charts are presented which provide data on the electronic publication of scorecards for July 2011 including the top 20 book titles, top 20 authors, and top 20 imprints.
- Media Tie-Ins Take Spotlight in January. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2010, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p3
Several charts are presented that depict the media tie-ins in January 2010 including top 20 authors, imprints, and book titles.
- August Ends Summer of Erotica. // Book Publishing Report;Sep2012, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p6
The article offers information on the several book titles being recognized by publicly-traded bookstores as drivers of book sales in the U.S. month ending August 2012. It says that the sales of E. L. James "Fifty Shades of Grey" trilogy has dropped from 2.2 million to 1.7 million copies in July....
- Cooking Still Evolving, But Mostly Favoring Print. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p3
The article discusses the ranking of books in the cooking category for 2012. It says that the category has improved its ranking to number 36 from number 39 in 2011. It states that 81 book editions from 76 titles were included in the bestseller lists of the periodicals "Publishers Weekly," "USA...
- Scorecard: Spring Lists, E-Books Boost New Titles in April. // Book Publishing Report;May2011, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p5
Several charts are presented which provide data on electronic book publications for April 2011 including the top 20 book titles, top 20 authors, and top 20 imprints.
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p5
Reports developments and issues in the publishing sector in the U.S. as of February 2003. Launch of the Faith Communications imprint from Health Communications Inc.; Decline in the book sales of Hastings; Partnership between Palm Digital Media and Lightning Source for the creation of e-books of...
- New York Times: Fewer Imprints Make the Cut. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2010 Supplement, p1
The article reports on the decline in the number of imprints presented on the "New York Times" (NYT) bestseller list in 2009. It states that the number fell to 1,849 books, which was partly affected by the ranking of children's series books, which it says, cause some books and authors to be...
- News Briefs. // Book Publishing Report;3/28/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p5
The article presents news related to the publishing industry. John Wiley & Sons and the American Institute of Chemical Engineers have entered a multi-year agreement to jointly publish books on chemical engineering and industrial chemistry under a new, co-branded imprint. Simon & Schuster's Adult...