E-Book Devices March On. And On… And On
- Archive Dive. // Publishers Weekly;7/11/2016, Vol. 263 Issue 28, p3
The article recalls a story published in the July 9, 2007 issue, wherein publishers planned to put electronic books (e-books) on the first Apple iPhone smartphone which was launched by electronics company Apple Inc. in 2007.
- China Telecom slashes iPhone price ahead of China Mobile. // Flare (Pakistan);Feb2014, p78
The article reports that mobile operator China Telecom cuts its prices for the Apple iPhone in 2014.
- Get Ready for the E-Reader Rumble of 2010. Newman, Jared // PCWorld;Nov2009, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p16
The article reports on an impending e-reader competition that will give consumers new models to consider at lower prices and diverse designs including Amazon's Kindle. Some of the companies that will be launching their e-book readers are Asus, Plastic Logic, and a British startup called...
- The Electronic Reading Device Line Up. Elder, Bill // Technical Support Magazine;Sep2009, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p14
The article evaluates several electronic reading devices including the Sony Reader PRS- 700 from Sony Corp., the Plastic Logic eReader Device from Plastic Logic Inc., and the Interead Cool-ER device from Interead.
- The Best of CES. Hastings, Jeffrey // School Library Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p12
The article reviews several technological devices introduced at the 2010 Consumer Electronic Show including the Entourage eDGe e-book reader and touchscreen computer hybrid, the Lenovo IdeaPad U1 notebook computer and tablet hybrid, and the Interead COOL-ER e-book reader.
- AT&T Nickels-and-Dimes on iPhone GPS. Sadighi, Lalee // Red Herring;7/11/2008, p2
This article reports on the release of the 3G iPhone from Apple Inc. by AT&T in the U.S. in 2008. The iPhone has been highly publicized for its price cut, but less advertised are the various ways in which AT&T plans to make money out of the phone' features. It is noted that iPhone fans might...
- Steve Jobs, my fruit vendor and how to keep customers. Skenazy, Lenore // Advertising Age;9/17/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 37, p24
The author discusses how Apple Inc. lowered the price of its iPhone only weeks after releasing it. The author explains that consumers who were the first to buy the iPhone were angered over the decision, which is why the company decided to give those consumers a rebate. It is suggested by the...
- THE GEEK SWEET SPOT. Fritz, Ben // Variety;9/10/2007, Vol. 408 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses price decreases for media products. Electronics company Sony Corp. dropped the price for the game console Playstation 3 by a hundred dollars following disappointing sales. The software company Apple dropped the price for the cellular telephone iPhone to increase sales for...
- Falling in Love With Technology Once Again. Kennedy, Shirley Duglin // Information Today;Feb2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p15
The author enumerates several reasons why she liked her iPhone. For the author, her iPhone is completely and totally intuitive, its physical design is beautiful and it is nice to hold. She adds that her iPhone has a built-in Global Positioning System (GPS), a lot of applications there are free...