Where Bookstores and the Web Meet
- Driving Online. Medcalf, Graham // NZ Marketing Magazine;May2005, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p18
Focuses on the use of Internet in purchasing automobiles in New Zealand. Information on the Web sites of automobile manufacturers; Impact of electronic procurement on newspapers; Outlook for online purchasing.
- Georgia to launch a statewide e-procurement system. // Government Procurement;Oct/Nov2008, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p14
The article focuses on electronic procurement system, a part of a multimillion-dollar overhaul of purchase operations, to be launched in the state government of Georgia. Tim Gibney, assistant commissioner of procurement for the state of Georgia, says the electronic procurement is the greatest...
- Cumbria takes the plunge with e-procurement tool. Snell, Paul // Supply Management;6/8/2006, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on Cumbria County Council prospecting to save 8 million pounds over the next six years after replacing its paper-based purchasing system with an e-procurement tool. With the new system, the council is anticipating on more information on its expenditures and with whom such...
- Flower of Scotland. Vail, Simon // Supply Management;8/25/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p26
Reports on Scotland's signing of an electronic procurement deal for the public sector. Description of the eProcurement Scotland platform; International recognition of the program; Reliance on Web-based and catalogue-management software.
- Purchasing Assistant System Guarantees Increase in Net Profits. // New Jersey Banker;Spring2013, p17
The article discusses information about the Internet-based Purchasing Assistant e-procurement system offered by Purchasing Systems.
- What Do Children's Book Consumers Want? Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;1/31/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 5, p16
This article highlights the results of a survey by Bowker and the Association of Booksellers for Children (ABC) on consumer attitudes toward purchasing children's books. The survey found that majority of kids' books were purchased by womens. According to the survey, books dominated other media...
- TIME, MONEY AND EFFICIENCY. Cummings, Tom // Supply Chain Europe;Jul2011, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p28
The article reports on the transformation of the information technology (IT) procurement at Cheltenham Borough Council in Great Britain. It states that the council carried out the IT Index at its Central Services Officer David Gatford who believed that IT Index improved the operating efficiency...
- UPDATES. Warshall, Peter // Whole Earth;Winter2000, Issue 103, p91
Deals with the closure of independent bookstores in the United States. Reason for the closure; Percentage of all book sales accounted by online services; Suggestions on how independent bookstores could recover and prosper.
- LOCAL SOURCING ON THE INTERNET. Manson, Emily // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/24/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4683, p36
The article offers information on how to order sustainably on the web, as demand for local sourcing is surging. Finding artisan suppliers or local growers can be time-consuming and expensive, but as customers increasingly demand these credentials, it's becoming more important for operators to...