SIMMONS: 92 MILLION U.S. ADULTS DIDN'T BUY BOOKS IN 2009
- Simmons Analysis: Channel Changes Are Slight but Show Trends, Potter's Impact. // Book Publishing Report;Jul2008, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p9
The article discusses the survey conducted by Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc. on book business in the U.S. It revealed that the number of book buyers who have bought books from a book club ticked down from 9.01% in spring 2007 to 8.7% in fall 2007. It showed that extent book clubs have...
- Simmons Analysis: Youngest Adults Buying Fewest Books. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc.'s National Consumer Survey in 2008 in the U.S. Between winter and spring 2008 studies, actual numbers of adults who admitted buying a book rose. Of the 24.3 million adults, about 11.5 million or 46 percent acquired a book during the...
- Simmons Analysis: Hardcovers Keep Losing. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p1
The article focuses on the economic performance of hardcover books in the U.S. in 2009 based on the analysis of Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc.'s national consumer survey. It says that one out 10 adults are book buyers during the summer, in which about 6.9 million adults bought 10 or more...
- Syndicated research still raises questions. Hochwald, Lambeth // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;10/15/95, Vol. 24 Issue 17, p27
Comments on the reliability of readership studies in the United States. Questions concerning the methodology of the Simmons Market Research Bureau; Value of syndicated research in general; Cost of surveys.
- Inside subscribers' heads. Gremillion, Jeff // MediaWeek;Dec96, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p12
Reports on the services offered by Simmons Market Research Bureau to survey readers' brand preferences of syndicated articles in the United States. Usefulness of the service in the automotive literature category; Comments from the company's officials.
- Simmons Research repairs reputation. Kelly, Keith J. // Advertising Age;10/2/1995, Vol. 66 Issue 40, p48
Reports about the technique followed by Simmons Market Research Bureau in magazine readership surveys. Merits of method; Readership report released by president, Rebecca McPheters on September 28, 1995; Survey of magazine readership from October 1994 to August 1995.
- Audio Title Customer Base Declined in 2008. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2009, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p1
The article reports on the decline in the number of audiobook buyers between the winter and spring of 2008 in the U.S. Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc.' data indicated the number of adults, who admitted to buying at least one audio title, declined 11 percent in a matter of months. However,...
- Simmons Analysis: Books and Shopping. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p10
The article presents the result of Simmons Market Research Bureau Inc.'s 2007 national consumer survey in the U.S. The research company separated the most dedicated book buyers, those who purchased six or more books, to examine the differences in how shopping is perceived and carried out. The...
- Being wealthy may be unwise. // Advocate;03/18/97, Issue 729, p16
Presents the findings of a survey conducted by the Simmons Market Research Bureau on the income levels, management positions and college degrees of gays and lesbians in the United States. Reaction of the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD).