Publishers' First Quarter Generally Stronger Year-Over-Year
- Latest Quarterly Results Erratic; Profits Flat or Down. // Book Publishing Report;May2008, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p10
The article offers information about the business activities of several publishers in 2007 and 2008 in the U.S. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 32 percent decline in its operating profit for the first quarter of 2008 and a 12 percent drop in the first quarter of 2007. HarperCollins...
- Holidays Push Books Back Up, Though Not Enough. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2010, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p8
The article focuses on the rebound in the U.S. trade publishing industry during the fourth quarter (Q4) of 2009. It says that the operating profit of Harlequin Enterprises Ltd. increased to 66.1% due to its electronic book (e-book) strategy. It mentions that HarperCollins Publishers LLC's...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;12/2/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 47, p3
Presents the New York Times bestseller ratings scorecard of publishers. HarperCollins; Scholastic; Simon & Schuster.
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;11/12/2012, Vol. 259 Issue 46, p5
The article offers publishing industry news briefs as of November 12, 2012, on topics including publisher Simon & Schuster's third-quarter 2012 earnings announcement, changes to publisher HarperCollins's distribution logistics, and a director change at publisher Quarto.
- Publishers See Help in Q3, Though 2009 Still Lags. // Book Publishing Report;Nov2009, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p1
The article reports on the business performance of several publishers in the U.S. for the third quarter (Q3) of 2009. Harlequin Ltd. reported 20.8 million dollars in operating profit and 111.5 million dollars in revenue and gained from the cost-cutting measures applied by Torstar, its parent...
- HC Ekes Out Sales and Earnings Gains. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/19/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 20, p20
Discusses the earnings of publishing company, HarperCollins in the third quarter ended March 31, 2003. Amount of profit; Factor behind the revenue gain of the publisher; Book sales.
- Harper 2014 Earnings Jump 5%; S&S Second Quarter Up 12%. Milliot, Jim; Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;8/11/2014, Vol. 261 Issue 32, p10
The article reports on quarterly results for the publishers HarperCollins and Simon & Schuster for the second quarter of 2014. Topics include the year over year increase in earnings and profit margins for both publishers; particularly successful books, including "Divergent" by Veronica Roth and...
- E Not Replacing P. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/8/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 32, p4
The article reports on digital and print revenues in the U.S. in the second quarter of 2011. Penguin Group reported approximately 64 percent increase, Simon & Schuster reported 115 percent increase, while Harlequin cited 113 percent increase in their digital revenues. However, the author argues...