Price Watch Preview: A Look at Fiction Through the Years
- STAT WATCH. // Library Journal;9/15/2004, Vol. 129 Issue 15, p13
The article presents statistics regarding the cost of books in 2004. $27.62 is the average suggested retail price for adult hardcover book in 2003. $25.08 is the average price for adult fiction hardcover. $28.78 is the average price for adult nonfiction hardcover.
- $9.99 No Longer Median Fiction E-Book Price. // Book Publishing Report;May2013, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p1
The article reports on the median price of fiction electronic book (e-book) which dropped to $7.99 from $9.99. It mentions that the range of prices on bestselling e-book has more or less widened over the past two years according to a review by Stuart Johnson & Associates. It notes that the...
- INDEPENDENT RETAILER WATCH: Lessons for the Big Three. // Book Publishing Report;Apr2007, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p12
The article reports on the business performance of independent book retailers in 2006 in the U.S. The survey conducted by Simba Information Inc. reveals the various responses of five states concerning bookselling in the country. It was shown that the success of independent booksellers was...
- The Science and Art of Customer Attention. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p12
The article presents a study of Simba Information Inc. concerning the attitude of customers in the U.S. The study indicated that 72.9% book retailers described the average customer as somewhat decisive. Meanwhile, 15.6% retailers claimed that an average customer knows what author they want. Book...
- Strategies from the Last Slowdown. // Book Publishing Report;Dec2008, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p12
The article reports on the survey of 143 booksellers conducted by Simba Information in the U.S. It shows that there are few store owners and managers who are not at the helm of their enterprises in late 2001. However, plenty are, and they shared ideas that could be adopted by the Big Three and...
- European publishers to debate fixed prices. Lottman, Herbert R. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p14
Reports that Europe continues to be torn by the issue of fixed prices on books. The resolution of the matter by the European Commission in Brussels; An International conference in January 1998 when British and Continental book traders will debate the issue; Other points that will be discussed...
- BOOKSTORE BARGAINS:. // Philadelphia Gay News;8/23/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p1
A photograph of passersby checking out Giovanni's Room's Summer Sidewalk Sale in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, on August 17, 2013 is presented.
- The impossible business. Auletta, Ken // New Yorker;10/06/97, Vol. 73 Issue 30, p50
Reports on the decline in book sales of the publishing industry in the United States. Rupert Murdoch's News Corp.'s cancellation of authors' contracts; Costs of book production; Shift of orders placed from the shops to the central office; Effect of Internet and other alternative technology on...
- Fall Book Sales. // Tennessee Tribune;9/30/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p7A
The article offers information on the book sales to be held on October 2, 2010 at Inglewood Branch Library in Tennessee.