Simmons Analysis: Checking Up on Paperbacks
- Mystery & Detective Helps Fiction Top Again in 2010. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2011 Supplement, Vol. 36, p1
The article reports on the role of mystery and detective stories in helping fiction category top again in the U.S. in 2010. It says that data showed that paperback's share of the top 40 titles increased in the said year, fiction accounted for eight of the top 10 books of the year while mystery...
- Hard Times in Hard-Cover Country. Reed, J.D.; SIMPSON, JANICE C. // Time;3/22/1982, Vol. 119 Issue 12, p85
The article focuses on the decline of the book business in the U.S. in the wake of rise in printing and paper costs. It notes the sale of nearly one-third of the 900 million paperbacks shipped in 1981 echoed in the decreasing rewareds to writers. Louis Wolfe, president of paperback house Bantam...
- Mass Market Paperbacks Hang On, for Now. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/3/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 18, p3
The article offers a look at the performance of the mass market paperbacks in the U.S. The mass market paperback category has been experiencing problems, such as the loss of nonfiction titles and decreasing sales. Although the category acknowledges the possibility that electronic publishing...
- The Two Sides of Orange Frazer. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;9/6/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 35, p9
This article features the operation of book publisher Orange Frazer Press in the U.S. Orange Frazer initially focused on paperback publishing, but it then entered regional nonfiction publishing and custom publishing for both companies and individuals. The publisher released books by and about...
- Book marketing's next chapter. FLAMM, MATTHEW // Crain's New York Business;4/15/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p6
The article reports that book publishers will host a 36-hour Publishing Hackaton in New York that aims to inspire programmers, designers and entrepreneurs to develop an app, widget or website that will solve the riddle of how to expose potential book buyers to title they did not know they wanted.
- Directory of Syndicates. // Editor & Publisher;Jul2010, Vol. 143 Issue 7, p40
A directory of syndicates related to the publishing sector in the U.S. is presented.
- Publisher Directory. // Multicultural Review;Fall2008, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p91
A directory for publishing companies in the U.S. is presented including Beacon Press, Gotham Books, and Random House.
- PUBLICATIONS. // Franchising World;Oct2008, Vol. 40 Issue 10, p152
A directory of publishing companies in the U.S. is presented.
- REGIONAL TITLES LEAD IN NUMBER OF LAUNCHES CLOSURES IN FIRST HALF 2011. Botelho, Stefanie // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Jul2011, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p10
The article reports on the launch of 138 food and regional interest sectors magazines by the publishing industry in the U.S., which lead the number of titles in the first half of 2011 as the industry continues to recover from the economic recession.