New York Times: Fewer Imprints Make the Cut
- New York Times: List Changes Impact Results. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2011 Supplement, Vol. 36, p1
The article reports on the impact of the inclusion of three 10-item Graphic Books lists in August 2009 and other list changes on the results of the consolidated lists of "New York Times" (NYT) in the U.S. It discusses the increase in the number of imprints in 2010. It states that the ranking of...
- No. of Authors, Titles Shrink As Imprint List Grows. // Book Publishing Report;Feb2010 Supplement, p1
The article reports that number of imprints declined from 273 to 257, and that average number of bestseller books per imprint dropped from 8.3 to 7.2 in 2009.
- Correction. // Publishers Weekly;1/18/2016, Vol. 263 Issue 3, p13
A correction to the article "The Year in Bestsellers" in the 2016 issue is presented.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD: THE AGENTS. // Book Publishing Report;7/9/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p3
Ranks top United States book agents according to the number of best sellers appearing on the 'New York Times,' during the first half of 2001. Amy Berkower from Writers House; Christopher Little from the Christopher Little Literary Agency; Molly Friedrich from The Aaron M. Priest Literary Agency.
- The New York Times Taking an Interest in Ebooks. SCHILLER, KURT // EContent;Jan/Feb2011, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p10
The article discusses the addition of ebook categories to the "New York Times" newspaper's weekly best-seller list. The popularity of ebooks have reportedly prompted "The Times" to monitor weekly ebook sales and top sellers for the fiction and non-fiction genre. Helping "The Times" generate...
- IN THE LOOP... // Book Publishing Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p5
Reports developments and issues in the publishing sector in the U.S. as of February 2003. Launch of the Faith Communications imprint from Health Communications Inc.; Decline in the book sales of Hastings; Partnership between Palm Digital Media and Lightning Source for the creation of e-books of...
- Redstone's roll. Fleming, Michael // Variety;11/7/94, Vol. 357 Issue 2, p2
Reports that Paramount-owned imprints have 18 and a half books on the New York Times Bestseller list, including hardcover and softcover books.
- No Overnight Successes Among Power Agents In The Book Business. Holt, Karen Jenkins // Book Publishing Report;7/9/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the top book agents in the United States, as measured by the number of times books they sold have appeared on the 'New York Times' best sellers during the first half of 2001. Significance of a longevity and readers' loyalty to an agent's success; Number of New York-based agents who...
- The capital of Texas--and book buyers. // Publishers Weekly;2/27/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 9, p34
Reports that Austin, Texas has the highest bookstore sales in the United States according to the newspaper `The New York Times.'