Save Time on Employee Badges
- Client-server growth makes mainframe a server. Monahan, Julie // American Banker;12/02/96 Supplement, Vol. 161, p16A
Presents the results of the survey on the utilization of client-server technology in United States conducted by Payments Systems Inc. Deployment of client-server technology for both corporate and retail banking functions; Comparison of the use between mainframe and client-server systems;...
- Client-server computing. Huff, Sid L. // Business Quarterly;Summer90, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p30
Presents an overview of client-server computing. Historical background; Models and examples; Advantages.
- Client/server solutions. Bachteal, Paul; Read, Jeffrey // CA Magazine;Nov95, Vol. 128 Issue 9, p41
Discusses features of client/server computing of importance to corporations. Aspects of remote data access; Computing and data transfer models; Data warehousing; Case application.
- Client-server systems: Opportunities and challenges. Tsay, Bor-Yi // CPA Journal;Nov94, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p30
Discusses various aspects of the commercial use of client-server computer systems. Definition of a client-server system; Cooperative processing; Flexible end-user application; Database; System openness; Security for data; Training & technical support; Implications for corporate accountants.
- Client/server systems. Roesch, Laura; Henry, Laurie J. // Internal Auditor;Aug97, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p40
Presents information about client/server (C/S) systems. Problems associated with controls that don't fit the environment; Information about the C/S architecture; Guidelines on addressing the three elements of internal control system governing a C/S environment.
- Client/server Q&A. // Mortgage Banking;Dec95, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p95
Part II. Answers questions related to client/server computing. Includes on whether having a local area network means having a client/server; Savings from using a client/server; Whether a business must be reengineered first.
- Competing objectives: A language barrier. Grochow, Jerrold // Software Magazine;Aug96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p12
Discusses factors to consider in selecting the language or development environment for creating client/server systems. Marketability; Ease of programming; Efficiency of operation; Flexibility.
- Survey on client/server increase. Fassett, Anne M. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug95, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p24
No abstract available.
- Applications servers enter the Web. Badcock, Charles // Inter@ctive Week;12/15/97, Vol. 4 Issue 44, p29
Presents information on the use of Web, application servers for the future. Announcement acquisition of a two year start up to to build applications servers by Netscape Communications Corporation; Comments from Steven Levine, Internet product marketing director for Oracle; Advantages of Web...