Biometrics -- Getting Personal and Liking It
- Tailor to the Application and Organization. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Aug2003, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p52
Focuses on the ways of using biometrics to verify the identity of an individual. Biometric access with single door control; Use of Smart card systems to leverage the secure data storage; Integration of biometrics into conventional access control systems.
- SECURITY WATCH. LORENZI, NEAL // Health Facilities Management;Jan2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p31
The article reports on innovations for increased safety and security in healthcare facility operations as of January 2014. It states that two access control trends include multipurpose smart cards for providing access control, identification, and time and attendance functionality, and systems...
- Reading the Future. Hodgson, Karyn // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jun2013, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p75
The article presents information on several developments related reader technologies. It is stated that near field communications (NFC) has a great potential to change the access control card and reader market in the future. North Carolina-based firm Strategic Security Solutions is installing...
- It's All in the Cards. D'Alto, Nick // Odyssey;Oct2007, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p36
The article presents information on the use of smart cards in biometric systems in the U.S.
- ACCESS CONTROL: STATE of the MARKET. Cager, Russ // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Feb2007, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p62
The article presents the outlook for the access control marketplace in 2007. Security dealers, systems integrators, manufacturers, and distributors express optimism for the access control sales. The Federal Information Processing Standard (FIPS) 201 for smart cards was cited by manufacturers as...
- Under the Wire. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Mar2007, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p54
The article reports on a trend in which universities adopt wireless access control and electronic security systems with smart cards. Wireless systems eliminate the need to run miles of conduit and to install multiple power supplies. Biometric identification is a technology that will expand in...
- Privacy and Security in Distributed Systems Using Three-Factor Authentication. Rengarajan, A.; Jayakumar, C.; Sugumar, R. // Journal of Computing;Sep2011, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p1
As part of the security within distributed systems, various services and resources need protection from unauthorized use. Remote authentication is the most commonly used method to determine the identity of a remote client. This paper investigates a sys-tematic approach for authenticating clients...
- Knock, Knock, Who's There? Authenticating Users. Guenther, Kim // Computers in Libraries;Mar2001, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p54
Examines ways for librarians to authenticate users of their digital collections. The importance of authentication; Methods of authentication, including user name and password, cookie files, smart cards, and biometrics.
- Modeling of Authentication System by Vague Expressions. Bani Hashim, Ahmad Yusairi // Journal of Communication & Computer;Nov2011, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p997
There is a widespread use of authentication systems. The applications range from home to industrial settings. The knowledge of the technologies is becoming a trade. Any types of security systems are vulnerable to intrusions. Therefore, this study is done to test a technique using unconventional...