The Canary in the Mine
- Gray Correlation Analysis of Coal Mine Accidents. Wen-Yan Tian; Zeng-Shou Dong; Ze-Min Li // Information Technology Journal;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 18, p4200
Based on the statistics of 2008-2012 State Administration of study safety coal mine accident a grey relational analysis model of coal mine accidents was established, and the grey correlation matrixes were established according to the grey relevance degree of data series. The gas accident, roof...
- A Novel Real-Time Coal Miner Localization and Tracking System Based on Self-Organized Sensor Networks. Yang Wang; Liusheng Huang; Wei Yang // EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications & Networking;2010, Special section p1
With the development of information technology, we envision that the key of improving coal mine safety is how to get realtime positions of miners. In this paper, we propose a prototype system for real-time coal miner localization and tracking based on self-organized sensor networks. The system...
- Improvements in safe working within the UK opencast coal industry. Crabbe, J. // Coal International;Nov97, Vol. 245 Issue 6, p242
Deals with improvements in safe working within the British opencast coal industry. List of hazards which can lead to accidents; Visibility of dump trucks, wheel loaders, small utility vehicles and pedestrians; Accidents involving seat belts, brakes and on access roads.
- Leadership in the power market: mega improvements in technology at Ekibastuz. Shchukin, Viktor Konstantinovich; Melekhov, Dmitry Pavlovich // Coal International;Sep/Oct2016, Vol. 264 Issue 5, p18
The article focuses on the technological innovations used in the Ekibastuz black coal deposit in Kazakstan. Topics mentioned include the coal mining management, the customer services management, and the environmental protection from coal mining. Also mentioned are the increase of production by...
- Circuit design of the electronic lock of the intelligent management system of the blasting equipment library. Xingshan LI; Yifan ZHANG; ian LU // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Vol. 986-987, p1780
Analyze the necessity of the standard management of explosive in the blasting equipment library of the coal mine, use digital monitoring technology, communications technology, software technology and sensor technology, use high-performance MCU STC12C5A60S2 and according to the instructions,...
- Afsin Elbistan Site Visit Follow-up. Direskeneli, Haluk // Journal of Turkish Weekly;11/5/2007, p1
A personal narrative is presented, which explores the author's experience of participating the "Clean Coal Technologies workshop" at the Afsin Elbistan coal mine and thermal power plant.
- Ambre Energy selects Ventyx Ellipse 8. // Coal International;May/Jun2012, Vol. 260 Issue 3, p8
The article reports that Ventyx Ellipse 8 has been licensed by thermal coal mining and export company Ambre Energy Ltd. for the management of its mining operations in the U.S.
- Peabody extends Twentymile mine. // Coal International;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 260 Issue 2, p17
The article reports that Peabody Energy Corp. will extend its Twentymile mine in Colorado to supply coal to power plants, industrial and export customers with the nearby Hayden generating station.
- Empirical Study of Coal Mine Safety Regulation in China. Xiao Xingzhi; Qi Yingfei; Li Hongjuan // Chinese Economy;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p73
This article uses a VAR model to empirically test Chinese coal mine safety regulations based on a theoretical analysis of their outcomes. The results show that the mine safety regulations are effective over the long term, represented by the long-term drop in casualty rates per million tons of...