Security and the CFO: Show Me the Money
- Budgeting Help for CFOs. Fago, Darren // Credit Union Executive Center;11/18/2002, pN.PAG
Presents several tips for chief financial officers in terms of budgeting processes. Importance of comparing the financial performance between the past and the current year; Discussion of the shared responsibility of financial executives in terms of financial planning; Factors that make up the...
- Call of the Wild. Resnick, Lynda; Wilkinson, Francis // Conference Board Review;May/Jun2009, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p11
A personal narrative which explores the authors experience of hiring a chief financial officer who invents suspicious statements is presented.
- Corporate Conditions Ripe for 'Strategic CFOs' // Financial Executive;Apr2012, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p8
The article muses about the state of the U.S. economy and presents an introduction to articles in the current issue including features on how mid-market companies can gain access to sufficient capital and China's financial-reporting system, and an article by Robert A. Howell on the skills...
- BETWEEN A ROCK A HARD PLACE. Bruce, Robert // Accountancy;Jul96, Vol. 118 Issue 1235, p53
Cites the results of a study titled 'Financial Reporting and Share Prices: The Finance Directors' View,' on the attitudes of financial directors. Directors' awareness of shareholder value; Change in the way information is communicated by finance directors to the market; Influence of the stock...
- Companies Still Struggle with Enterprise Risk. Barlas, Stephen; Shillam, Paul; Williams, Kathy // Strategic Finance;Aug2006, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p25
The article discusses the 2006 Oversight Systems Financial Executive Report on Risk Management. The survey of financial executives found that only 41% have an agreed on and widely communicated definition of risk, and only 33% say their company has trained senior management to assess the...
- Regulators Want To See Risk Models, CFOs Told. Carlson, Tina // Credit Union Journal;06/04/2001, Vol. 5 Issue 23
Focuses on considerations for chief financial officers to take in dealing with regulators in the United States. Importance of accurate model risk; Need to clearly explain investment and balance sheet strategies; Inclusion of asset/liability maturity structures; Impact of interest rate change on...
- REAL TIME REAL PRESSURE. Banham, Russ // Treasury & Risk Management;May2002, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p18
Focuses on the functions of chief financial officers for the business developments. Use of balance sheets; Updates of internal and external data; Importance of the simplicity of financial statements.
- Financial Officers Lament Technology Woes. // Community Banker;Oct2002, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p54
Reveals that accurate revenue and earnings reporting is a top priority for chief financial officers (CFO) in the U.S. according to an August 2002 survey by Gemini Ernst & Young. Percentage of CFO who believe that they comply with all external reporting requirements; Percentage of executives who...
- FINANCE RULES. Lindorff, Dave // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2002, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p13
Cites the role of chief financial officers in the business enterprise. Focus on the risk management aspect of the balance sheet; Supervision on the viability of the operating ability of the company; Details on the costs of financial distress.