DNA-based tuberculosis testing
- Th17: A New Player to be Considered in Tuberculosis Studies. Pedroza-Roldán, Cesar; Barba, Jeannette; Flores-Valdez, Mario Alberto // Journal of Bacteriology & Parasitology;2012, Vol. 3 Issue 9, p1
The article presents author's views on the aspects of Mycobacterium tuberculosis (TB). He mentions a report submitted by World Health Organization (WHO) which shows that Mycobacterium tuberculosis is responsible for major deaths around the world. He also discusses the functions of dendritic...
- Tuberculosis: Current Situation, Challenges and Overview of its Control Programs in India. Sandhu, Gursimrat K. // Journal of Global Infectious Diseases;Apr2011, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p143
Tuberculosis (TB) is one of the most ancient diseases of mankind, with molecular evidence going back to over 17,000 years. In spite of newer modalities for diagnosis and treatment of TB, unfortunately, people are still suffering, and worldwide it is among the top 10 killer infectious diseases,...
- Performance comparison between the mycobacteria growth indicator tube system and LÃ¶wenstein-Jensen medium in the routine detection of Mycobacterium tuberculosis at public health care facilities in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: preliminary results of a... Rezende Moreira, Adriana da Silva; Huf, Gisele; Vieira, Maria Armanda; Fonseca, Leila; Ricks, Monica; Lineu Kritski, Afrânio // Jornal Brasileiro de Pneumologia;mai/jun2013, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p365
In view of the fact that the World Health Organization has recommended the use of the mycobacteria growth indicator tube (MGIT) 960 system for the diagnosis of tuberculosis and that there is as yet no evidence regarding the clinical impact of its use in health care systems, we conducted a...
- DETECTAREA PRIN TEHNICI DE BIOLOGIE MOLECULARÄ‚ A TULPINILOR DE MYCOBACTERIUM TUBERCULOSIS REZISTENTE LA RIFAMPICINÄ‚ ÅžI/SAU IZONIAZIDÄ‚ FOLOSIND SISTEMUL GENOTYPE MTBDRPLUS. Moisoiu, Adriana; Popa, Mircea-Ioan // Romanian Journal of Infectious Diseases;2014, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p147
Tuberculosis (TB) remains one of the most important public health challanges all over the world. World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that almost one third of the world's population is infected with Mycobacterium tuberculosis (M. tuberculosis). Early diagnosis, an adequate therapy, and...
- Population Health Impact and Cost-Effectiveness of Tuberculosis Diagnosis with Xpert MTB/RIF: A Dynamic Simulation and Economic Evaluation. Menzies, Nicolas A.; Cohen, Ted; Hsien-Ho Lin; Murray, Megan; Salomon, Joshua A. // PLoS Medicine;Nov2012, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p1
Background: The Xpert MTB/RIF test enables rapid detection of tuberculosis (TB) and rifampicin resistance. The World Health Organization recommends Xpert for initial diagnosis in individuals suspected of having multidrug-resistant TB (MDRTB) or HIV-associated TB, and many countries are moving...
- Factors associated with performing tuberculosis screening of HIV-positive patients in Ghana: LASSO-based predictor selection in a large public health data set. Mueller-Using, Susanne; Feldt, Torsten; Sarfo, Fred Stephen; Eberhardt, Kirsten Alexandra // BMC Public Health;7/13/2016, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Background:The purpose of this study is to propose the Least Absolute Shrinkage and Selection Operators procedure (LASSO) as an alternative to conventional variable selection models, as it allows for easy interpretation and handles multicollinearities. We developed a model on the...
- Translation from research to clinical practice: Fostering improved patient care through microscopicobservation drug susceptibility for tuberculosis diagnosis in Nigeria. Collier, Dami; Ochang, Ernest; Bode-Sojobi, Ibidunni; Oduyebo, Oyin // Annals of African Medicine;Sep2014, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p142
A letter to the editor is presented on the use microscopic observation drug susceptibility (MODS) assay, which is recommended by the World Health Organization (WHO), for tuberculosis diagnosis in Nigeria.
- WHO Endorses New TB Test for India. // India -- West;12/31/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 6, pB4
The article reports on the endorsement of the new fully automated nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) by the World Health Organization (WHO) for India which uses DNA technology for the early diagnosis of tuberculosis (TB) as well as multidrug-resisitant TB (MDR-TB).
- Journal of Visualized Experiments: A better tool to diagnose tuberculosis. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;4/14/2012, Vol. 21, p1
The article informs that the World Health Organization has endorsed a better tool for the diagnosis of tuberculosis.