New association hopes to become the voice of Canadian patients
- New association OK'd. Asplund, Jon // AHA News;1/15/96, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p2
Reports on the formation of the California Healthcare Association. Articles of incorporation; Board of trustees; Bylaws.
- Extending health coverage to more L.A. children. // AHA News;09/15/97, Vol. 33 Issue 36, p2
Reports on Healthcare Association of Southern California's partnership with community organizations in Los Angeles County, California. Extension of memberships in the MediCal program; Coordination with schools and county government in identifying and enrolling MediCal-eligible schoolchildren;...
- Health-care firms form group to be heard in Lansing. Raphael, Steve // Crain's Detroit Business;7/24/95, Vol. 11 Issue 30, p23
Reports the formation of a Clinic Plan Association of Michigan Inc. by four local health care companies from in and around Detroit for airing their views through Lansing-based Association of HMOs Incorporated. Rationale behind the formation; First Care Medical Centers Inc., Midwest Health...
- W.Va. Health Organization Recognized. // State Journal (WV);12/7/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 47, p30
The article reports that West Virginia Health Information Network has been acknowledged by the federal government as a national leader in its efforts to enhance the safety and quality of health care.
- Community spotlight. Reiter, Jim // AHA News;3/4/96, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p2
Features the Mercy Regional Health Care Network in Mason City, Iowa. Members of the network; Services offered by the alliance of medical centers; Comments from Dave Vellinga, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of North Iowa Mercy Health Center; Contact information.
- BASHH Column. Foley, Elizabeth // Sexually Transmitted Infections;Feb2010, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p3
The article offers information on the mission of the British Association for Sexual Health and HIV (BASHH).
- Artists lobby for national health. // Art in America;Mar1993, Vol. 81 Issue 3, p31
Announces that the Artists United for Universal Health Care is backing the health-care reform legislation sponsored by Senator Paul Wellstone and Marty Russo. Single-payer health insurance system; Hillary Clinton heading President's Task Force on National Health Reform; Contact information.
- Trio gives N.Y. a mixed message. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;8/8/94, Vol. 24 Issue 32, p25
Reports on the reactions of the members of the Health Association of New York (HANY) on the messages given by leading figures in the outcomes measurement race during a meeting sponsored by the HANY. Speakers; Impact on HANY; Purpose of the meeting; Concerns on data-reporting requirements placed...
- Don't cooperate on project, Manitoba MDs told. // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;08/15/97, Vol. 157 Issue 4, p361
Notes that the Manitoba Medical Association, Canada, is urging members not to cooperate with the provincial government on the Health Information Network. Concerns of the Association.