Drug supply chain needs oversight, pharmacists say
- Medication shortages a headache for pharmacists. // Chain Drug Review;4/25/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p98
The article reports on the survey conducted by the Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) which showed unpredictable shortages of particular drugs in pharmacies in Canada.
- Drug shortage crisis plagues pharmacists. Wechsler, Jill // Drug Topics;Mar2012, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p46
The article focuses on the drug-shortage crisis in the U.S. The University of Utah Drug Information Service recorded more than 260 prescription drug shortages in 2011. According to the author, the shortages include antibiotics, generic analgesics and drugs to treat attention-deficit...
- Vision Statement of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP). // Best Practices for Hospital & Health-System Pharmacy;2014/2015, pxxii
Information about the organization American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) in the U.S. is presented.
- CPhA on national and international stages. Morrison, Jeff // Canadian Pharmacists Journal (Allen Press Publishing Services In;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 143 Issue 6, p312
In this article the author discusses aspects of the continued services of Canadian Pharmacists Association (CPhA) to its members which represents the profession of pharmacy on the national stage in Canada. A few of the accomplishments are cited which stage the ways in which CPhA is operating...
- Improving clinical services through the ASHP 2015 Initiative. Myers, Charles E. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2005, Vol. 62 Issue 2, p145.
Focuses on the intention of the American Society of Hospital Pharmacists to improve clinical services. Citation of the duties and responsibilities of pharmacists; Aim of implementing evidence-based medication use programs; Similarity of priorities developed by the Institute of Medicine, the...
- ASHP Statement on the Role of the Medication Safety Leader. // Best Practices for Hospital & Health-System Pharmacy;2014/2015, p207
The article presents the statement of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) related to the vital role of medication safety leaders in the health care industry. The ASHP states that medication safety is vital in the pharmacy profession and it is one of the duty of medication...
- ASHP Guidelines on Medication-Use Evaluation. // Best Practices for Hospital & Health-System Pharmacy;2014/2015, p169
The article presents the guidelines of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) related to the medication-use evaluation (MUE). It states that MUE is developed to achieve optimum outcomes in patients. It states that MUE is applicable for the monitoring, administration,...
- The Drug Shortage Crisis: When Generic Manufacturers "Just Say No". LEE, STACEY B. // Oregon Law Review;2014, Vol. 93 Issue 2, p355
The article discusses several aspects of drug shortages in the U.S. as of 2014, and it mentions the impacts of the shortages on patient care and healthcare providers, as well as information about how Group Purchasing Organizations' contract practices influence generic drug manufacturers'...
- Vaccine Production: Types of Vaccine and Efficacy. // Immunization Newsletter;2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p5
The article reports on the constant drug surveillance established by the manufacturing laboratories to maintain the production quality standards of the seasonal influenza vaccines.