Spanish campaign endorsing independent medical education and training gains momentum
- GME considered for adjustments. // Ophthalmology Times;4/17/95, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p6
Informs that Congress is looking at the idea of changing federal funding of graduate medical education (GME) as a possible way of reducing Medicare spending and channeling more medical students into primary care. Options discusses at a meeting of the Ways and Means Committee; Health care reform.
- AAAM SCHOLARSHIPS. // Injury Prevention (1353-8047);Feb2006, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p5
The article reports that the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine is offering international scholarships.
- Improvements needed in medical-education funding. G.A. // AHA News;06/17/96, Vol. 32 Issue 24, p3
Reports on improvements needed in Medicare's medical-education funding, cited by provider groups at a June 11, 1996 House Ways and Means health subcommittee hearing. Removing medical-education funds from Medicare's health-plan payments; Teaching hospitals' special needs; Proposals to create...
- Group proposes medical-education trust fund. // AHA News;3/3/97, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the proposition of Pleasanton, the California-based Integrated Health Association, for a separate medical education trust fund from the funding of patient care.
- Mechanics of medical education funding still issue. Gatty, Bob // Urology Times;May97, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p2
Discusses the issue on mechanics of medical education of tomorrow's urologists. General medical education (GME) trust fund still the primary focus; Reactions concerning the trust fund; Proposal on health plan premium tax.
- Supreme Court to hear teaching hospital case. // AHA News;06/16/97, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the US Supreme Court's hearing of the case between a Minnesota teaching hospital, St. Paul-Ramsey Medical Center and the Department of Health and Human Services over Medicare reimbursements for graduate medical education (GME) costs. Challenge to re-audit the 1984 GME costs as a base...
- Sedgwick County rejects health grant. // Kansas Farmer (0022-8583);Feb2015, Vol. 153 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses that the the Sedgwick County Commission in Kansas has rejected $580,000 medical education grant from the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
- Supreme Courts rejects review of ruling allowing HHS reaudits of GME costs. // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;2/5/94, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the United States Supreme Court's rejection of the review of a Court of Appeals ruling on graduate medical education (GME) costs. Department of Health and Human Services' reaudits; Issue of Medicare reimbursements for GME expenses; 1984 program reimbursement.
- Sponsor Oversight of CROs. // Applied Clinical Trials;Apr2011, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p19
The article discusses the sponsors' oversight to the contract research organizations (CROs) in the U.S. in 2011.