National Institutes of Health seek to speed up therapeutic innovations
- Francis Collins. // Nature Reviews Drug Discovery;Jan2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p14
This article presents an interview with Francis Collins, director of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH). He says that several new discoveries have taken place in the last few years on the molecular basis of disease. He also says that an NIH and the U.S. Food and Drug Administration...
- Biotech Review. // CenterWatch Weekly;12/15/2014, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p11
The article offers information related to clinical drug trials industry. Topics discussed include a letter sent by a bipartisan group of lawyers to director Francis Collins of the U.S. National Institute of Health (NIH) regarding the department's lack of track on children's inclusion on clinical...
- A Shining Example. Rainey, Michael // INSIGHT into Diversity;Jan2011, p6
The article focuses on the policy of National Institute of Health (NIH), an agency of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), regarding diversity in the workplace and inclusion. It states that its Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity Management (OEODM) is the central point...
- COLLINS PLEDGES THAT PEDIATRIC RESEARCH WILL BE A PRIORITY AT NIH. FOXHALL, KATHRYN // Contemporary Pediatrics;Dec2009, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p16
The article reports on the assurance given by Francis S. Collins of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) to pediatricians at the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) conference that he aims to prioritize pediatric research. Collins also assured meeting attendees that he is a strong...
- The bridge between lab and clinic. Wadman, Meredith // Nature;12/16/2010, Vol. 468 Issue 7326, p877
An interview with Francis Collins, director of the U.S. National Institute of Health (NIH), is presented. Collins asserts that the vote to create the National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences places the NIH in a position where in it can play a significant role in therapeutic...
- NIH Director, Francis S. Collins in India. Malhotra, Richa // Current Science (00113891);1/25/2012, Vol. 102 Issue 2, p163
An interview with Francis S. Collins, director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Maryland, U.S., is presented. When asked about any new global health project in NIH, Collins refers to home, health and hope (H3) project in Africa and other parts of the world. He further reflects on his...
- NIH funding rates drop to record lows. Pflumm, Michelle // Nature Medicine;Jun2011, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p637
The article focuses on the announcement by U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) director Francis Collins that the agency might fund only one out of six grants this year, the first time that the rate has dropped below 20%.
- AHPA Requests Increased Funding for ODS. // Nutraceuticals World;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p15
The article reports that National Institutes of Health (NIH) Director Francis Collins was urged by the American Herbal Products Association (AHPA) to increase funding for the Office of Dietary Supplements (ODS) in 2015 for it to continuously provide consumers with accurate supplement information.
- NIH chief built trust by defining success. Collins, Francis // Executive Leadership;Sep2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p2
The article presents a discussion of how Francis Collins, former director of the U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH), gained the trust of employees through defining success, adapted from the book "Own the Room" by Amy Jen Su and Muriel Maignan Wilkins.