British Columbia revamps process for determining drug coverage
- Wanted: Historical artifacts for new public health school. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;4/20/2010, Vol. 182 Issue 7, p702
The article offers information on the requirement for artifacts related to public health for the public health museum at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Legislative Advocacy in Action. Van Gheluwe, Betty; Barber, Judith K. // Social Work;Sep/Oct86, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p393
The article focuses on the creation of the Limited Medically Needy Program for the expansion of Medicaid coverage in Mississippi through the provision of the 1981 Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA). In March 1983, Mississippi became the first state to take advantage of a subsequent...
- Texas Community Care providing new health plan to Medicare-eligible residents. // Grand Saline Sun (TX);11/2/2006, Vol. 110 Issue 44, p9
The article reports that Texas Community Care offers new health plan to Medicare-eligible residents. Texas Community Care will be conducting a series of town hall meetings and free informational seminars beginning October for Medicare beneficiaries so that they can have enough knowledge about...
- Beleaguered hospital gives up. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;4/20/2007, Vol. 84 Issue 8, p17
The article reports that West Texas Hospital in Abilene, Texas has turned to its Medicare provider agreement effective March 30, 2007 after its patient suffered respiratory arrest following elective surgery and died after being transported to a local hospital. Investigators found that the...
- How a novel programme for increasing awareness of health professionals resulted in a 14% decrease in patients using excessive doses of psychotropic drugs in western France. Victorri-Vigneau, C.; Basset, G.; Jolliet, P. // European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology;Apr2006, Vol. 62 Issue 4, p311
Consumption of high doses of psychotropic drugs is a public health problem in France. The Center for Evaluation and Information on Pharmacodependence and the General Health Insurance System decided that it was time to begin a regional programme on excessive consumption in a French region. The...
- Independent drug watchdog in Canada under funding threat. Moynihan, Ray // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);6/7/2008, Vol. 336 Issue 7656, p1270
The article focuses on the possible 2008 closure of the Therapeutics Initiative, an internationally respected drug advisory body that is based at the University of British Columbia and produces evidence based reviews of drugs for doctors, policy makers and the public. The closure was called for...
- Congress questions dire reports, works in advance reform. Wagner, Lynn // Modern Healthcare;4/18/94, Vol. 24 Issue 16, p6
Reports on criticisms by healthcare organization representatives of the Lewin-VHI report regarding the effect of Medicare cuts on President Bill Clinton's healthcare reform program. Omissions cited; Predictions of the report.
- CMS Outlines 9 Steps for Using Care Area-Specific Resources. // MDS Alert;Aug2010, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p87
The article focuses on the steps for using the care area specific resources, which was drafted by the U.S. Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), including the review of all the Minimum Data Sheet (MDS) items to identify and assess triggered care areas.
- Medicare: Beneficiary Use of Clinical Preventive Services: GAO-02-422. // GAO Reports;4/10/2002, p1
Preventive medicine, including immunizations for many diseases and screening for some types of cancer, holds the promise to extend and improve the quality of life for millions of Americans. Medicare now covers three preventive services for immunizations and three for screenings, and the Centers...