Is there life after medicine?
- Canada home to world's first association for disabled doctors. Sibbald, Barbara // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;11/14/2000, Vol. 163 Issue 10, p1330
Focuses on the creation of the Canadian Association of Physicians with Disabilities (CAPD). Comments by president and founder Dr. Ashok Muzumdar; Details of employability challenges faced by disabled physicians; Examples of alternative employment options for disabled medical personnel in Canada.
- FOREVER YOUNG and Happy! Paprocki, Sherry Beck // Gulfshore Life;Jun2013 Forever Young, p10
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses various articles published within the issue including the cover story "12 Tips for Achieving Epic Romance," a group of men called Retired Old Men Eating Out (ROMEO) and "Guide to Retirement Living Options."
- FRIENDS IN THE FAST LANE. // American Road;Winter2016, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p10
This section offers news briefs on road events in the U.S. as of December 2016. Members of the Putnam City Retirees Travel Club in Oklahoma embarked on a bus tour to the town of Clinton. The state of Kansas dedicated its Land and Sky Scenic Byway in October. The 2016 Woodward Dream Cruise...
- Retired teachers to meet next Monday. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);1/23/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p4
The article offers information on the Donley County Retired School Personnel in Texas' meeting at the Church of Christ Family Life Center on January 27, 2014, with the program to be presented by Sarah Burcham of the Clarendon Family Medical Center.
- A New Tool for Educating and Engaging Participants. Cornfield, Jill // Plan Sponsor News;2015, p1
The article reports that the National Association of Retirement Plan Participants (NARPP) has unveiled the Intuitive Sustained Engagement (ISE) aimed at engaging and educating retirement plan participants about financial decisions. Topics discussed include the features of ISE, the ways by which...
- Retired physicians: a survey study by the Turkish Medical Association. G''k''e-Kutsal Y; Oz''akar L; Arslan S; Sayek F // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Feb2004, Vol. 80 Issue 940, p101
BACKGROUND: The aim of this study was to assess the quality of life of retired Turkish physicians. The focus was on their working conditions, their health status, and the impact of their disabilities on activities of daily life. METHODS: The survey was conducted using a 35 item questionnaire,...
- Know your tier. // NYSUT United;Nov2011, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p41
The article provides information regarding Local Employees' Retirement System (ERS) tiers. It states that a tier refers to the group in which an ERS member was assigned according to the date of joining ERS. It says that almost all of the members of ERS Tier 1 and 2b are in Section 75-i or 75-h...
- Hospitals recognize value of older workers. // AHA News;9/20/2004, Vol. 40 Issue 19, p7
Reports on the recognition of several hospitals and health systems in the U.S. by the American Association of Retired Persons (AARP), for their methods in recruiting and retaining older workers as of September 2004. Hospitals and health care systems that were included in the 2004 AARP Best...
- NEWS BRIEFS. // Graham Leader;11/15/2009, Vol. 134 Issue 27, p1A
The article offers news briefs related to upcoming events in Young County, Texas. A meeting of the Texas Democratic Women of Young County will be held at the Americal Legion Building on November 16, 2009. A driving class will be conducted by the American Association of Retired Persons for...