FIVE THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT... Managing anticoagulation and antiplatelet therapy before interventional radiology procedures
- Ticagrelor: A Review of Its Use in Adults with Acute Coronary Syndromes. Dhillon, Sohita // American Journal of Cardiovascular Drugs;Feb2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p51
Ticagrelor (Briliqueâ„¢, Brilinta), a cyclopentyl-triazolopyrimidine, is an orally active, reversible, and selective adenosine diphosphate (ADP) receptor antagonist indicated for use in patients with acute coronary syndromes (ACS). Ticagrelor has a faster onset of action and provides greater...
- Anticoagulation? Antiplatelet? What's the Score? Hager, Jonathan // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/4/2015, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p243
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "The consult guys-anticoagulation? Antiplatelet? What's the score?" by Geno J. Merli in the previous issue.
- Anticoagulation? Antiplatelet? What's the Score? Merli, Geno J.; Weitz, Howard H. // Annals of Internal Medicine;8/4/2015, Vol. 163 Issue 3, p243
A response from the authors of the article "The consult guys-anticoagulation? Antiplatelet? What's the score?" is presented.
- Optimizing antiplatelet / antithrombotic therapy. Srijithesh, P. R. // Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology;Jul-Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p233
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Optimization of Antiplatelet/Antithrombotic Therapy for Secondary Stroke Prevention," by Padma Srivastava in a 2010 issue of the journal.
- Optimizing antiplatelet / antithrombotic therapy. Srivastava, M. V. Padma // Annals of Indian Academy of Neurology;Jul-Sep2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p234
A response by M. V. Padma Srivastava to a letter to the editor about her article "Optimization of Antiplatelet/Antithrombotic Therapy for Secondary Stroke Prevention" that was published in a 2010 issue of the journal is presented.
- Uptake of guidelines in the management of patients taking anticoagulants and antiplatelet agents presenting for elective surgery. CHEUNG, K.; HALLIWELL, R.; COPE, L.; KHONG, D. // Anaesthesia & Intensive Care;Nov2012, Vol. 40 Issue 6, p1046
The article presents a study on the management of patients receiving anticoagulants or antiplatelet agents presenting for elective surgery at the Westmead Hospital in Sydney, New South Wales. The study aimed to determine the percentage of patients whose management complied with guidelines and to...
- Ant iplatelet drugs, anticoagulants and elective surgery. McCullough, Michael // Australian Prescriber;Oct2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p143
The article provides information on the adverse effects of antiplatelet drugs and anticoagulants during surgery and also informs about the guidelines of dental management for patients.
- Novel glycoprotein Ib antagonist safe, effective antiplatelet reagent. Leiser, Mark; Southall, Jennifer; Stott, Bob; Todak, Alexandra // Hem/Onc Today;1/10/2014, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p18
The article discusses the study presented at American Society of Hematology (ASH) Annual Meeting in New Orleans, Louisiana on December 7-10, 2013, that found novel glycoprotein Ib antagonist Anfibatide to appear as safe and effective antiplatelet reagent with potential for antithrombotic therapy.
- Antiplatelet, anticoagulant use linked to increased risk of intraocular hemorrhage in AMD patients. Regillo, Carl D.; Bechtel, Bryan; Hasson, Matt; Preston, Courtney // Ocular Surgery News;12/25/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 24, p18
The article discusses a study of the correlation between antiplatelet and anticoagulant medication use and the risk of intraocular hemorrhage in patients with macular degeneration, published in a 2010 issue of "Retina."