Health care in the North: what Canada can learn from its circumpolar neighbours
- Canadian best practice recommendations for stroke care (updated 2008). Lindsay, Patrice; Bayley, Mark; Hellings, Chelsea; Hill, Michael; Woodbury, Elizabeth; Phillips, Stephen // CMAJ: Canadian Medical Association Journal;Stroke Supplement, pS1
The article provides information on the 2008 updated version of the Canadian Best Practice Recommendations for Stroke Care, the guideline for stroke prevention and treatment in Canada. It says that the development of the approach was funded on the entirety of the Canadian Stroke Strategy, a...
- TQM in American cities: Hypotheses regarding commitment and impact. Berman, Evan M.; West, Jonathan P. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Apr95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p213
Examines the features of total quality management (TQM) commitment and TQM impact in American government. Determinants of TQM commitment; Level of TQM commitment; Discussion of the role of resources in innovation; Importance of management leadership in the adoption of innovation.
- Standards. Robberds, Mark // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p95
Reports that the manner in which a business assesses its quality and standards is considered crucial to its competitive international market. Issue of Total Quality Management (TQM); Notes of report on TQM researched by Tomio Umeda from the Chiba Institute of Technology in Japan.
- Beyond TQM. Hertz, Paul // Paint & Coatings Industry;Jun94, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p58
Discusses the benefits of going beyond total quality management (TQM). Addition of a growth dimension for companies; Characteristics of a 21st century organization; Recreation of the organization through the renewal ideology; Principles adopted in creating renewal methodology.
- The TQM advantage. Wilcox, Kirkland; Discenza, Richard // CA Magazine;May94, Vol. 127 Issue 4, p37
Discusses the application of total quality management (TQM) concepts in the improvement of auditing in Canadian firms. Primary objectives of TQM; Fishbone diagram; Conduct of audit; Auditors' independence; Satisfaction of the expectations of people beyond the client.
- The hype hype and more. Peters, Tom // Central New Jersey Business;1/11/95, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p33
Reflects on some thoughts on business. Total quality management; Capitalism.
- What they won't tell us about TQM: Management key. Hamman, S.D. // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/22/94, Vol. 15 Issue 21, Manufacturing p5B
Discusses total quality management (TQM). Manufacturing and management processes' support of TQM; Basis of the success of a true TQM environment; Manufacturing resource planning (MRPII); Errors that certified companies commit.
- Report card on TQM. Romano, Catherine // Management Review;Jan94, Vol. 83 Issue 1, p22
Presents the views of company executives and consultants in the United States regarding total quality management (TQM). Reasons for failure of quality programs; Contributions of TQM to cost control; Increase in training and motivation of workers.
- FIG Commission drafts policy on quality. // Point of Beginning;Mar97, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p12
Enumerates the total quality management principles developed by the Professional Standards and Practice Commission of the International Federation of Surveyors (FIG). Includes the development of a total quality culture through management commitment and leadership; Contact information.