National home care standards urged
- RNs: Join the AANLCP! Czarnik, Becky // Journal of Nurse Life Care Planning;Summer2015, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p810
No abstract available.
- An Introduction to Evidence-Based Practice for the Nurse Life Care Planner. Metekingi, Judy P. // Journal of Nurse Life Care Planning;Fall2013, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p88
The article discusses evidence-based practice in life care planning (LCP) for nurses using a scientific based practice model. The author says the approach is not designed to replace the nursing process but instead is aimed to augment and incorporate nursing into the evidence-based model. Reasons...
- Improving the management of chronic disease in the community. Jones, Jane // Journal of Community Nursing;Dec2016/Jan2017, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p54
This study explored district nursing teams' perceptions of the current chronic conditions management model in a specific locality in Wales. Chronic diseases are now the leading cause of illness and disability across the UK, placing an increasing demand on public services as healthcare staff try...
- Nursing Diagnoses in Burns: a partial list. // Journal of Nurse Life Care Planning;Fall2011, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p454
The article lists things to be considered by nursing diagnoses in burns compiled by the North American Nursing Diagnosis Association (NANDA) International Nursing Diagnosis from 2009-2011 including ineffective health maintenance, risk for imbalanced fluid volume and ineffective breating pattern.
- Conference Speakers. Allison, Kathie; Blackwelder, Terri // Journal of Nurse Life Care Planning;Fall2011, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p467
The article offers the insights of Kathie Allison and Terri Blackwelder, speakers at the American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners (AANLCP) Annual Conference, regarding life care planning. According to Allison, life care planning has allowed her to use all of her skills in physical...
- Technology is changing the practice of case management. // Case Management Advisor;Jun2011, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p61
The article illustrates how the use of technology is enabling case managers to improve the case management practice by increasing efficiency and effectiveness. Comments on the same are cited by experts including Suzanne Tambasco, chief executive officer, Medical Management International,...
- Case managers reduce pre-term deliveries. // Case Management Advisor;May2011, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p53
The article highlights a program providing face-to-face consultation by case managers (CMs) and hormone injection services, which resulted in an 8 percent decrease in spontaneous pre-term births among Medicaid beneficiaries. It mentions the program involved home visits by obstetrical nurse CMs...
- The customization of best standards for practice models. Cesta, Toni // Hospital Case Management;Mar2012, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p39
The article focuses on the best practice models in case management and the basic core roles and functions that can apply to all contemporary case management models. It mentions that the disadvantages of integrated or collaborative models should be carefully considered by a steering committee...
- Person-centered care appeals to nurses. // Case Management Advisor;Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p29
No abstract available.