Category Review: Travel Books Mostly Creeping Down Lists
- CANADIAN BOOK AND AUDIO-VISUAL SOURCES. // Quill & Quire;Dec2007 Canadian Publishers Dir, Vol. 73, p2
The article lists various publishers, distributors and bookselling wholesalers in Canada which include Agogic Publishing, Abbeyfield Publishers and Savant Books.
- Publishers/Distributors. // Refugee Survey Quarterly;1998, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p271
The article lists several publishers and distributors including Aletheia Press, Cambridge University Press, and Netherlands Institute of Human Rights.
- Book Policies and Copyright in Canada and Quebec: Defending National Cultures. Vincent, Josée; MacLaren, Eli // Canadian Literature;Spring2010, Issue 204, p63
This article points out that bookselling and publishing in Quebec and Canada have to be controlled by an intelligent policy if they are expected to be responsive to local demands. It is observed that by default, books are international because of factors including migration and the worldwide...
- Self-Publishing and the Book Trade, Part 2: Distribution. Berinstein, Paula // Searcher;Apr2007, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p14
The article discusses the role of distributors in the publishing industry. On the Midwest Book Review web site, Mary Westheimer said that distributors work for publishers by actively selling their titles to booksellers. According to the author, distributors actively sell books to bookstores and...
- Other Highlights . . . . // Book Publishing Report;3/21/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 11, p7
Reports developments in the U.S. book industry. Benefits of Holtzbrink Publishers company from its alliance with New York Times Co.; Number one rank of the book "Men in Black" by Mark Levin in the hardcover nonfiction bestseller list.
- Random house no longer gets first choice of New York Times books. // Book Publishing Report;01/31/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p6
Reveals that Random House has lost its right of first refusal to publish material from the New York Times. Decision to discontinue use of the Times Books name by the middle of 2000; Exclusive publisher of New York Times crossword puzzles; Expansion of its book development program.
- N.Y.T. debt, stock moves. // Editor & Publisher;10/03/98, Vol. 131 Issue 40, p19
Reports on publishing firm New York Times Co.'s plans to raise $300 million by selling medium-term notes.
- SOME JEWISH BOOKSELLERS AND BOOKSHOPS IN JOHANNESBURG: PAST AND PRESENT. Musiker, Reuben // Jewish Affairs;Chanukah2008, Vol. 63 Issue 3, p38
The article provides an overview of Jewish bookshops and booksellers in Johannesburg, South Africa. Bookshops which are owned by Jews include Rubin's Bookshop, Chabad House, Kollel Bookshop, and South African Zionist Federation. Jewish booksellers whose bookshops have a variable degree of...
- Bookstores vs. Online: Who's The Best Shopper? // Book Publishing Report;Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p1
The article presents the 2010 Trends in Trade Book Retailing report which compares the best shoppers from the online and the on-site bookstore clientele. It indicates that the largest group of buyers in the U.S. purchases fewer than five books annually while the smallest group of clientele buys...