It's Official: Amazon No Longer a Bookstore
- Amazon Grew Net Sales 27% in 2012. Parry, Tim // Multichannel Merchant Exclusive Insight;1/29/2013, p1
The article reports a 27 percent increase in Amazon.com's net sales to 61.09 billion U.S. dollars for the year ending December 31, 2012.
- Amazon.com modernisiert Logistik. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;7/5/2013, Issue 27, p01
The article announces that the U.S. company Amazon increased its business revenue in Germany and will open five logistic centers in Germany.
- Amazon fÃ¼hrt in Ã–sterreich. // Lebensmittel Zeitung;11/15/2013, Issue 46, p1
The article discusses the business revenues of U.S. online retailer Amazon in Switzerland, Austria, and Germany of 2012.
- FINANCIAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;8/04/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the financial performance of the publishers in the U.S. Growth of publishing revenues by Scholastic Corp.; Amount of the operating income; Annual sales of Amazon.com Inc.
- Amazon's Operating Income Takes Hit; Media Sales To Get Boost In '06. // Book Publishing Report;2/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p4
The article reports on the decline in the 2005 operating income of Amazon.com Inc. compared to the year 2004 in the book industry in Seattle, Washington D.C. The decline in the operating income was partly due to unfavorable exchange rates and added expenses. However, there is a boost in media...
- Amazon Revenue Up 14.7% in Q3; Expecting Banner Q4. // Book Publishing Report;10/30/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 42, p3
The article reports on the growth in revenue of Amazon.com Inc. in its media business in North America. It has a reported growth of 14.7 percent from $684 million to $784 million for the third quarter with a decline in the operating income at 28 percent to $40 million in the three months period...
- AT-A-GLANCE. // Advertising Age;2/17/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 4, p16
The article reports that consumer electronic company Apple Inc. had a total revenue of 171 billion dollars with advertising revenue of 257.8 million U.S. dollars in 2013 while online retailer Amazon had a total revenue of 74.45 billion dollars with advertising revenue of 614 million dollars in 2013.
- Sales, Frustrations Build at Amazon. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the sales increase in Amazon.com's North America media group in 2004. Increase in the revenue for the entire company; Increase in the company's operational costs in 2004; Details of the company's new shipping program in 2005.
- Amazon's. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;6/16/2015, pA02
The article talks about the raising of the price target for electronic commerce company Amazon to 400 from 380 by financial services company Canaccord Genuity and discusses the reasons for this change which includes a growth in Amazon Web Services revenue.