Category Review: Economic Downturn the Focus of Business & Economics in 2009
- Auld Lang Syne. Paultre, Alix // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jan2009, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p9
The author reflects on the challenges that the New Year brings in times of change and disruption in the U.S. He states that the challenges include financial turmoil and the redefinition of the commerce and communications. He adds that the publishing industry faces stresses and pressures but they...
- Paper tries 'reconditioning' market. Luzzatto, Donna // Masthead;Winter2009, Vol. 61 Issue 4, p7
The article presents the author's opinion on the challenges faced by the newspaper industry amidst the financial crisis in the U.S. He explains that many of American publishers have tried to reconditioning the market by experimenting with their columns to PilotOnline. He believes that because of...
- Who Will Bail Out the Publishers? Kachka, Boris // New York;12/15/2008, p16
The article discusses the consolidation in the U.S. publishing industry that has occurred as a result of the 2008 financial crisis. Big corporate publishing expanded beyond the point of sustainability, the article states. Other topics include plummeting book sales during fall 2008 and rising...
- Media Resources. // Business NH Magazine;Jul2009, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p77
The article lists several mass media companies including Berlin Daily Sun, The Citizen of Laconia, and The Conway Daily Sun.
- Daring Together. // Xtra (Toronto);10/20/2011, Issue 704, p23
The article explores the mission and values statement of Canada-based publishing company Pink Triangle Press, which specializes in gay and lesbian media.
- KILL YOUR CONTENT STRATEGIST. Barone-Nugent, Ben // B&T Magazine;4/12/2013, Vol. 63 Issue 2789, p12
The author presents his views regarding the job responsibilities of the content strategists professionals in the mass media industry.
- Business Directory. // Editor & Publisher;Oct2015, p60
No abstract available.
- The 2009-2014 Outlook for Books in India. Parker, Philip M. // Country Outlook Reports;1/16/2010, pN.PAG
Several charts depicting the 2009-2014 outlook for books in various cities of India including Assam, Delhi, and Tamil Nadu are presented.
- Dividends. // Editor & Publisher;08/09/97, Vol. 130 Issue 32, p32
Reports on dividends declared by various media companies in the United States as of August 9, 1997. Lee Enterprises' quarterly cash dividend of $ 0.13 per share; McClatchy Newspapers' regular quarterly cash dividend; Tribune Co.'s regular quarterly dividend of $ 0.16 per common share.