E-Book Report Sneak Peak: Prices Slipped in 2009
- amazonkindle vs. Sony Reader. // Publishers Weekly;11/26/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 47, p9
The article evaluates two e-book readers, the amazon Kindle from Amazon.com and the Sony Reader from sonystyle.com.
- Too much of a good thing... MCLAUGHLIN, JERRY // Smart Business Northern California;Mar2014, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p5
The article presents several suggestions for electronic commerce company Amazon to expand their women's clothing and shoes business, along with online published books. Topics discussed include online advertising of clothes and other women's accessories, offering reviews on the customer's...
- Inside the Battle Over E-Books. Chase, Jon // Entertainment Weekly;5/11/2012, Issue 1206, p20
The article discusses an antitrust lawsuit filed by the U.S. Department of Justice against several book publishers and the consumer electronics company Apple regarding alleged unfair increases in electronic book prices due to disagreements between publishers. Topics include competition in the...
- Amazon as Publisher. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/27/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 13, p4
The article reports on the controversy surrounding Amazon following its announced plans for Amazon Pages, a program that would let consumers view parts of a book online on a pay-per-view basis, in 2005. Through its Back in Print initiative, Amazon, with the agreement of the title's rights...
- Fan Fiction Finds a Home at Amazon. Highfill, Samantha // Entertainment Weekly;
The article discusses Kindle Worlds, a platform for fan fiction authors to distribute their work for consumption on Internet company Amazon's Kindle electronic book reader, discussing how the platform will pay royalties to both the author and the original work's rights holder.
- Amazon. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/ 7/2013, pA02
The article reports on Amazon's AmazonSource, a program that offers 10% discount on electronic (e)-books that customers buy on Kindle tablets and e-readers for 2 years.
- Authors Attack Amazon. // Micro Mart;8/21/2014, Issue 1325, p35
The article reports that a group of around 900 authors have signed a letter chiefly from writer Douglas Preston condemning online retailer Amazon for using writers as hostages in its negotiations as Amazon remains defiant in its position that lower ebook prices are better for customers.
- Reading the Future of the Digital Book. Berg, Andrew // Wireless Week;5/1/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p10
The article discusses the implications of the development of digital reading devices such as the Amazon Kindle, a software and hardware platform developed by Amazon.com Inc., to the book industry. It mentions the efficiency of digital electronic devices when purchasing and reading books on a...
- Will electronic ink save print? Nelson, Rick // Test & Measurement World;Jun2009, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p9
The author reflects on the significance of the introduction of Kindle, a device used for reading electronic books launched by Amazon, to save the print industry. He argues that despite Kindle's readability, its affordability is said to be to high for mass adoption. He notes that the availability...